Well I bet no-one saw this coming .....

Posted 6th Oct
Link attached.

Bad decisions + More bad decisions = A major contributor to a generation's mental health challenge.

Sad that so many individuals will turn out to having been provided with the wrong form of 'help' and now they and society will have to start to pick up the pieces.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
"The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust offers gender identity services for children under 18, with some patients as young as three or four years old."

No wonder kids are getting messed up these days, who is filling their heads with the stuff at 3-4 years old?
Probably their parents telling them they can choose their own gender
There is going to be a future of adults regretting their choices because of an attention pandering social norm. I have been saying this would happen for years but just told I'm the one who isn't accepting of others.
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 6th Oct
8 Comments
There's going to be another gender assignment term to learn then
"The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust offers gender identity services for children under 18, with some patients as young as three or four years old."

No wonder kids are getting messed up these days, who is filling their heads with the stuff at 3-4 years old?
Probably their parents telling them they can choose their own gender
There is going to be a future of adults regretting their choices because of an attention pandering social norm. I have been saying this would happen for years but just told I'm the one who isn't accepting of others.
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 6th Oct
MrSprkle06/10/2019 15:27

There is going to be a future of adults regretting their choices because …There is going to be a future of adults regretting their choices because of an attention pandering social norm. I have been saying this would happen for years but just told I'm the one who isn't accepting of others.

I think an awful lot of it is down to social media and everything being posted on faecebook, so a lot of the younger generation believe it's perfectly normal to have whatever they (think) they want.
Body dysmorphia is a mental condition and should be treated as a mental condition. Body reassignment should be illegal.
The thing I don't get is for years, we've been told not to assign gender norms. We were told that it's okay for boys to play with Barbies, and girls to like trucks. Now, if that's the case, then there apparently obviously gender dysmorphic. Sure, there are obviously cases where that is the case, but giving kids puberty blockers, which are horrific drugs, is just wrong, especially when a significant number of these issues resolve themselves post puberty. A lot of the time, it is the parents pushing these ideas at a young age, and consent seems to be negated because of this, which I think it's wrong. Trans people have every right to be who they are, but I think these days, people are way too quick to label kids as Trans before they have the chance to fully develop and understand what that means to them and if that's actually how they identify.
It does seem of all the 'certainties' of a young life that have been whittled away in the last decade or two, this one will be particularly hard to address and unwind back to a genuine level, rather than one manufactured through a need for attention or notoriety. There have always been, and always will be, isolated cases where this is the right course of action for an individual, but it is a shameful indictment on those involved in facilitating this becoming a fashionable and easily accessible option for too many with minds still developing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants