Well... that wasn't fun! Site outage

Country Manager47
Posted 25th Aug
Hi - just wanted to say hello again after about three hours downtime. This was due to the Amazon Web Services outages across the UK - and we are taking it very personally for ruining our mornings!

Thanks for your patience, and welcome back!
Community Updates
Official Announcements
Top comments
I heard the site broke because someone posted an Amazon deal without stating +£4.99 non prime
Had a nice break actually, cut the grass, had a cup of coffee, had a bath, had a shower (by that I mean we went for a walk ☔)

Welcome back
3 hours?? seemed like a lifetime!
47 Comments
3 hours?? seemed like a lifetime!
Had a nice break actually, cut the grass, had a cup of coffee, had a bath, had a shower (by that I mean we went for a walk ☔)

Welcome back
lol
Felt like a darn eternity!
I heard the site broke because someone posted an Amazon deal without stating +£4.99 non prime
Got some peace without my phone vibrating all the time haha 😹
Edited by: "Cbear81" 25th Aug
2.5 hours to get hold of support. "Have you tried rebooting it"
Felt like forever
Shows how addicted I am to this app
cainer125/08/2020 13:41

I heard the site broke because someone posted an Amazon deal without …I heard the site broke because someone posted an Amazon deal without stating +£4.99 non prime

+£4.49 i'll have you know!!
I spent soo long refreshing. A simple tweet would have helped
I thought I'd been SUSPENDED for being a tiny bit rude 😄
Haz_1925/08/2020 13:47

I agree
Haz_1925/08/2020 13:47

There should have been a tweet, I agree.
Thought pepper didnt get enough server money this monthh
Could we get a badge for this experience
I thought u had band me
You and Tesco it would seem
Right, @Dan, this is completely and utterly unacceptable, as a fellow hotukdealer who is addicted to hotukdeals. The amount of times I opened the app and saw the maintenance message! I demand you to buy me 100 packs of 24 Pepsi Max cans as compensation, with immediate effect.

Just kidding... about it being unacceptable. Downtime is acceptable. I still want my Pepsi Max
MrSwitch25/08/2020 13:38

Had a nice break actually, cut the grass, had a cup of coffee, had a bath, …Had a nice break actually, cut the grass, had a cup of coffee, had a bath, had a shower (by that I mean we went for a walk ☔)Welcome back

It hasn't been raining where I am at all today unfortunately
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 25th Aug
AnkerMan25/08/2020 13:51

Could we get a badge for this experience

endured 'the great hotukdeals outage 2020'
nightshadeUK25/08/2020 13:48

I thought I'd been SUSPENDED for being a tiny bit rude 😄

You and your smutty topiary
andrewworrall125/08/2020 13:56

Right, @Dan, this is completely and utterly unacceptable, as a fellow …Right, @Dan, this is completely and utterly unacceptable, as a fellow hotukdealer who is addicted to hotukdeals. The amount of times I opened the app and saw the maintenance message! I demand you to buy me 100 packs of 24 Pepsi Max cans as compensation, with immediate effect.Just kidding... about it being unacceptable. Downtime is acceptable. I still want my Pepsi Max

To be fair, us staff probably got the best end of it. The site being down meant we just had to drink tea while pressing F5 and messaging our clever colleagues in IT, whereas most of you guys had to stop browsing and do some real work
jco8325/08/2020 14:00

Great to see the site up and running again

Was a worry when it was down so long
Dan25/08/2020 14:01

To be fair, us staff probably got the best end of it. The site being down …To be fair, us staff probably got the best end of it. The site being down meant we just had to drink tea while pressing F5 and messaging our clever colleagues in IT, whereas most of you guys had to stop browsing and do some real work

Tell me about it, we had been in the middle of promoting new code for a go-live Then our VPN's thought they would have a hissy fit. Dont people know its Christmas today and we under pressure to get this over with!
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 25th Aug
Dan25/08/2020 14:01

To be fair, us staff probably got the best end of it. The site being down …To be fair, us staff probably got the best end of it. The site being down meant we just had to drink tea while pressing F5 and messaging our clever colleagues in IT, whereas most of you guys had to stop browsing and do some real work

I was in KFC trying to post a discussion about how KFC are giving forks for ice cream but hotukdeals was down, but then I realized it's a spork. £1.98 for a popcorn chicken snackbox, Milky Bar Krushems, sundae and Pepsi Max though

41749574.jpg
So when can I expect my delivery of Pepsi Max due to the inconvenience of hotukdeals being down?
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 25th Aug
jco8325/08/2020 14:00

That was my line of thinking. Will be discussing this matter with my therapist
I saved at least £100.
Glad you're back. Many, many Diazepam kept me calm whilst waiting...

41749990-LWArk.jpg
I thought the mod in charge of the on/off switch was banned for allowing non serious comments on a lingerie deal
I thought the mod in charge of the on/off switch was banned for allowing political comments on a mask deal.
Was wondering when HUKD would be back up...phew, good to have you back, guys
I was in the back of nowhere waving a mobile about in the lashing rain and swearing at it for repeatedly failing to send a reply to a Hotuk thread. Little did I know. lol

Apologies Smarty network, I take it all back
I'm abroad and thought my roaming data had died on me. "Network error" whenever I tried to refresh HUKD.
I'm on a sunlounger in Greece, but still checking for Amazon glitches.
terriclarkfan25/08/2020 15:33

I'm abroad and thought my roaming data had died on me. "Network error" …I'm abroad and thought my roaming data had died on me. "Network error" whenever I tried to refresh HUKD. I'm on a sunlounger in Greece, but still checking for Amazon glitches.

You got any frappé deals you can post?

Jury service for Harry Maguire eh?
Edited by: "TopTrump" 25th Aug
I saved myself a fortune by not being able to visit here for 3 hours. Thanks Amazon! :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text