Well, that's my favourite Xmas ad of 2019

Posted 14th Dec 2019
With all the cheesy JL, Waitrose, M & S etc. ad's that drive us all completely round the twist at this time of the year, I've just seen this "Chilly's" Ad and it certainly gave me a chuckle. No silly dancing, singing or cartoon characters in sight...

Seriously, if I see one more ruddy M & S "Jumpers" ad, I think I'll spontaneously combust!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
I saw a funny one. A guy had someone's long lost relative wrapped in a box as a Christmas present for someone Don't know what the ad was advertising though lol *Ahh ha haa! This is the very one!!
Edited by: "jco83" 14th Dec 2019
Oh same this is the best advert by far this year.
spyro12314/12/2019 22:50

Oh same this is the best advert by far this year.

I couldn't help thnking how refreshing it was to see one without a flippin' jingle and people prancing all over the place. Actually, saying that - have Argos done any ad's this year? I can't remember seeing any. Last year I think it was those silly-beggars bouncing around on trampolines?
Phsycronix14/12/2019 22:54

I couldn't help thnking how refreshing it was to see one without a …I couldn't help thnking how refreshing it was to see one without a flippin' jingle and people prancing all over the place. Actually, saying that - have Argos done any ad's this year? I can't remember seeing any. Last year I think it was those silly-beggars bouncing around on trampolines?

Only seen the Argos advertising the great and mighty discount of a whole 10 percent off Lego.
Lol trampoline one was silly.
Phsycronix14/12/2019 22:54

I couldn't help thnking how refreshing it was to see one without a …I couldn't help thnking how refreshing it was to see one without a flippin' jingle and people prancing all over the place. Actually, saying that - have Argos done any ad's this year? I can't remember seeing any. Last year I think it was those silly-beggars bouncing around on trampolines?

Argos is the book of dreams drummers - quite like that one...
Yes brilliant ad but did anyone see the ad immediately after this one, it went straight on to it.Dr Kim, how to squeeze blackheads.
Think I might be sick
Lol so funny
The OP one was brilliant. Very funny.
I quite like the McDonald’s one this year (the dog as the reindeer in the little girls imagination)
When they charge 25 quid for their "saving the oceans" bottles, I guess they have millions to spend on advertising

Sorry for the humbug, but these idiots are all over my Instagram.....soooooo annoying!!
Why oh why do these companies, big or small, waste all this much money at this Festive Time to try and get you and I every Tom, Dick and Harry through their shop doors all by a form of ‘One Upmanship’ on the advertisements?

All the money that they are spending in the production of said advertisements and the costs to show them on TV and all social media networks must be astronomical.

In my mind if one company did the ethical thing and showed say a 30 second TV film of OAP’s being all alone for their Christmas Day meal and eating and preparing possibly a Cup-a-Soup, (or something similar), with no heating or company until say mid January, then say this advertising cost is covering the cost of 5,000 Christmas Day meals all over the UK, AND one month of daycare costs for 5,000.

That’s a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Joe Blogs Electrical, (fictional company of course!).

I think that if one company did it more would jump on The Bandwagon’ and not want to lose face and not be doing this.
wallzone15/12/2019 08:02

Why oh why do these companies, big or small, waste all this much money at …Why oh why do these companies, big or small, waste all this much money at this Festive Time to try and get you and I every Tom, Dick and Harry through their shop doors all by a form of ‘One Upmanship’ on the advertisements?All the money that they are spending in the production of said advertisements and the costs to show them on TV and all social media networks must be astronomical.In my mind if one company did the ethical thing and showed say a 30 second TV film of OAP’s being all alone for their Christmas Day meal and eating and preparing possibly a Cup-a-Soup, (or something similar), with no heating or company until say mid January, then say this advertising cost is covering the cost of 5,000 Christmas Day meals all over the UK, AND one month of daycare costs for 5,000.That’s a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Joe Blogs Electrical, (fictional company of course!).I think that if one company did it more would jump on The Bandwagon’ and not want to lose face and not be doing this.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly wallzone, I guess if I were to give you a cold, calculated answer I'd guess: because it's not good business. It might earn them brownie points with many but it doesn't bring home the bacon. Their shareholders might not thank them either! It's all bout' the dollaz baby! You're right of course. The costs of these ad's runs into millions (for some) so from a business point-of-view it has to 'sell' something. Now, from your point they are selling a "brand" which is what a lot of them now do it solely for.

On me, advertisements are a tad wasted. I'm not a good 'target' as I don't really remember ad's for the product itself. I'm sure we've all been there - the times when you remember the jingle or a specific role but you can't say what the ad was for. I never buy from seeing an ad either. I don't make a mental footnote to look out for certain products BECAUSE I saw the particular ad. I buy because I want the item - not because they want me to buy it. Take "Go compare" for instance. Do I remember who they are? Yes. What they do? Tick. Recognise the jingle? Holy moley yes! Who doesn't? Now, WILL I use them because of it? No. Definitely not. In fact, I've never used them.

In all honesty, the ad I posted above - without watching it again, night has passed and I've forgotten what it was about. Really...I can't say for sure. Drink, I think? That's how much 'impact' it had on me from a sales point of view. I tend to "zone out" on ad's! I'll watch the ad - not the product. I'm therefore a bad audience to them, I'd guess...

(P.S. - I know a "Joe **** Electrical" - he lives in a town not far from here.)

(P.P.S. - I'd better watch the ad I posted now. I feel bad )
Any Christmas ad without any sentimental / emotional nonsense gets my vote. I am sick of the store music already, can't imagine how much the employees must be hating it.
bozo00715/12/2019 08:50

Any Christmas ad without any sentimental / emotional nonsense gets my …Any Christmas ad without any sentimental / emotional nonsense gets my vote. I am sick of the store music already, can't imagine how much the employees must be hating it.

Awww. Someone needs a puppy for Christmas, eh bozo007? Yes you do. C'mon, give us a hug...
39377551-7EZti.jpg

"Last Christmas...I gave you my heart...but the very next day...
you served it up with some Brussels Sprouts and a nice Prosecco."

39377551-ulfdI.jpg
Phsycronix, yeah I suppose that I’m living in a world where stuff like I posted can’t happen for the very reason you said ££’s, that’s always the bottom line, not just at Christmas but 365 days a year, (in fact if some of these stores had there way we’d be dreaming about sales in THEIR stores I’m sure).

But that’s just my dystopian view of life and the way it SHOULD be from my view rather than those odious and repetitious advertisements.

At least my way people would be benefiting from watching something and each store could begin and end with the company names.

I also wasn’t aware about Joe ****** Electrical, it was of course just a random name and I didn’t mean to name anyone living or dead.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions