Well, this is a game changer....

SuperEd
Better check you don't have any outstanding parking / speeding fines...

[img]scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=c0098ed96c77cb8729ef898816829f39&oe=5864BC3B[/img]
[img]scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=666593bee4585ad7c8e008be88490363&oe=5876738B[/img]

Couple more below

Source

You Tube Video (Thanks tregs)

Note: This is an American story but how long before we see them on UK streets?

53 Comments

That sucks!

How the hell does that attach?

Original Poster SuperEd

stuarthanley

No idea!

Looks a PITA though!

I'm pretty sure people that go to lengths to avoid them in the first place will just smash the windscreen. Excess is surely cheaper than a fine.

So basically if you need a new windscreen you just pay the fine

stuarthanley

the clue is in the name......

Gingerboy

the clue is in the name......

So it's just a sucker then? Stick a blade or edged tool under the exposed rubber and it'd pop right off.

Original Poster SuperEd

gsnares

I'm pretty sure people that go to lengths to avoid them in the first … I'm pretty sure people that go to lengths to avoid them in the first place will just smash the windscreen. Excess is surely cheaper than a fine.

Possibly, really depends how much their car means to them - unsure if you'd still get chased for the fines, then court, then end up getting CCJs against their names etc - Not 100% sure of course

Glass suckers eventually drop off in my experience.

Makes a great sun blind as well (_;)

Or even a snow sheet

Nifty oO

Original Poster SuperEd

Joey Bloggsy

Makes a great sun blind as well (_;)Or even a snow sheet

Stop me burning my hands on the steering wheel in the summer heat, just wont be able to see where i'm going...

Can't have it all can we oO

I've always wondered how anyone is legally allowed to attach anything to someone else's property?

Original Poster SuperEd

smegma75

Its an American story … Its an American story http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/09/22/this-parking-ticket-is-as-big-as-your-car-windshield/

Yeah, how long before it's over here - Westminster will prob be the first to have them!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/99/9984e215e188ff9a291a7cdcef5febf5ed0478406b1eb66cbb7628207e842462.jpg

In the video it says City of Gotham Police Department, if you try and remove it without paying Batman'll kick your head in.

You have to drop it off after you've released it....I'd be tempted to drop it in the deepest lake I could find I think

you cant clamp here right? so doubt this would come across the waters

Time to save up for an autopilot car...

Ok... idea for y'all...hear me out...
so if I manage to make one of these using leftover bits from the last series of Robot Wars then I can technically park wherever I want and the wardens can't attach their ones!
BOOM!

stuarthanley

So it's just a sucker then? Stick a blade or edged tool under the exposed … So it's just a sucker then? Stick a blade or edged tool under the exposed rubber and it'd pop right off.

Pretty sure it wouldn't be that easy otherwise they wouldn't be using them.

joshp

Pretty sure it wouldn't be that easy otherwise they wouldn't be using … Pretty sure it wouldn't be that easy otherwise they wouldn't be using them.

Can't imagine it being anything else. If it's just a giant sucker (or several suckers) then it only requires air to penetrate between the contact and its off. You'd be able to see the internal workings from the inside of the car. Shame there's no pictures.

Autoglass repair Autoglass replace.

gsnares

I'm pretty sure people that go to lengths to avoid them in the first … I'm pretty sure people that go to lengths to avoid them in the first place will just smash the windscreen. Excess is surely cheaper than a fine.

more than 1 fine.

stuarthanley

Can't imagine it being anything else. If it's just a giant sucker (or … Can't imagine it being anything else. If it's just a giant sucker (or several suckers) then it only requires air to penetrate between the contact and its off. You'd be able to see the internal workings from the inside of the car. Shame there's no pictures.

@ 34 secs on the video - it shows 2 approx 10" suckers and with a suction force of 750lbs I doubt they'll be easy to remove

https://media4.giphy.com/media/8ef68WfQPpwVa/giphy.gif

Blistering Barnacles Tintin! We are gonna have to get a small blunt instrument / open a bottle of vegetable oil to get that ugly thing off!

philphil61

@ 34 secs on the video - it shows 2 approx 10" suckers and with a suction … @ 34 secs on the video - it shows 2 approx 10" suckers and with a suction force of 750lbs I doubt they'll be easy to remove

Drill a small hole through the side of each sucker = no more annoying suction = the nuisance is neutralised

LETS YOU PAY OVER THE PHONE AND DROP OFF AT A PRE-AGREED LOCATION.

The river Tees will be filled with these baby, I would charge them to get ot back once I got it off, lets call it £6432786432786432786432786432786432786432 and 50p

if I was designing this , I'd have an outer suction and an inner suction or even more suckers the merrier.
If they get the outside off then they would have a problem getting to the inner ones

Patent pending

BigPro

Drill a small hole through the side of each sucker = no more annoying … Drill a small hole through the side of each sucker = no more annoying suction = the nuisance is neutralised

So you are going to drill through
a) your windscreen
b) this side (it's 750lbs of suction - did you look at the image)
c) the top

If they do come to the UK and used in your area - please invite me around so I can watch your attempts

Is it OK that I bring a camera crew to record - I could make millions for the best comedy of 2017

Graham1979

LETS YOU PAY OVER THE PHONE AND DROP OFF AT A PRE-AGREED LOCATION.The … LETS YOU PAY OVER THE PHONE AND DROP OFF AT A PRE-AGREED LOCATION.The river Tees will be filled with these baby, I would charge them to get ot back once I got it off, lets call it £6432786432786432786432786432786432786432 and 50p

The rivers? Christ, if you're a tad evil you would stick it on other folk windows

I'm not sure about England but no clamping allowed in Scotland so I doubt this will seeing it here. Plus if they want the bloody thing back afterwards they can be paying me to drop off.

Would be interesting to know how a heated windscreen would affect the suction. You could always sing the A-Team theme tune and reverse your car home, its legal if you sing the A-Team theme tune.

A bit of cheese wire would probably be enough to separate it.!

My windscreen has cracks in 2 places.

If they slap that on my windscreen i will get the windscreen replaced. Technically you're not removing the device off the windscreen

Be easier to laminate windscreens with a massive screen protector... Once 'ticketed' , just peel away the protector

this was a badly thought out idea. all you have to do is place your own small sucker to the centre of your windscreen and they can't attach theirs. it could be secured to your windscreen wiper arm to prevent theft. A very small piece of cheap ingenuity will circumvent this very expensive solution to parking problems. China will be making them as we speak.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Biscuit addiction1027
    2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
    3. Easyjet - book now or wait?813
    4. Kitchen tap replacement33

See more discussions