Groups

Well this is good news, isn't it? [Call of Duty]

Editor
    http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2017/02/Screen-Shot-2017-02-09-at-1.38.54-PM.png

It looks like the Call of Duty franchise is going back to its roots. That's got to be great news, right? Or is it too late.

54 Comments

Please use a new engine too!

Call me a sceptic but I wonder if "back to its roots" means Call of Duty (2003) HD

I don't know if it's just me, but I really enjoyed the setting of BO1 and would love another game around that sort of era, without all this futuristic rubbish.

Please be a Treyarch game.

yeah forget the futuristic crap and give us a modern/current warfare game with a strong campaign.
    battlefield 1 is OK but it's a waste of a game on a ps4, feels like an old gen game.

Never been the same since they killed off Soap

Anything not future or near-future would be great.

http://i.imgur.com/1mEbd3M.gif

Current/past warfare. Iraq Afghan Syria Bosnia Vietnam beaches of Normandy. Realistic weapons and technology. Would make a good game especially if they make the hazards specific to each area. Ied's in Iraq Rpg in Iraq. Land mines in Vietnam. I think they should also make the maps higher and more accessible to snipers. I remember a map in bo2 in the town (can't remember the name). They had pictures etc of snipers in the roof and in the church tower however there was no actual way to get up there in the game. Oh and find a way to stop pathetic little kids playing with a microphone.

oUkTuRkEyIII

Been the most consistent.

barrel24

Current/past warfare. Iraq Afghan Syria Bosnia Vietnam beaches of … Current/past warfare. Iraq Afghan Syria Bosnia Vietnam beaches of Normandy. Realistic weapons and technology. Would make a good game especially if they make the hazards specific to each area. Ied's in Iraq Rpg in Iraq. Land mines in Vietnam. I think they should also make the maps higher and more accessible to snipers. I remember a map in bo2 in the town (can't remember the name). They had pictures etc of snipers in the roof and in the church tower however there was no actual way to get up there in the game. Oh and find a way to stop pathetic little kids playing with a microphone.

Standoff?

how about something different.
    Call of Duty : magic warfare

tor.com/201…us/

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/cooldude012/Screen%20Shot%202017-02-09%20at%2022.36.28_zpsqlfgccpi.png

geebeegooner

Been the most consistent.

Black Ops 1,2 & 3 all great games, most people expect sequels to be awful but BOPSII was fantastic and still is. Don't even get me started on World at War (Amazing)

CoolDude0123

Well there's always next year

Original Poster Editor

CoolDude0123

Interesting. Were they not making Call of Duty: Vietnam back in the day before it was canned?

oUkTuRkEyIII

Well there's always next year

Yep they will be next year. Too many games coming this year anyway so I wouldn't mind skipping this one. I like Treyarch too

CoolDude0123

Yep they will be next year. Too many games coming this year anyway so I … Yep they will be next year. Too many games coming this year anyway so I wouldn't mind skipping this one. I like Treyarch too

Advanced Warfare wasn't really the best, they did an alright job with the campaign but.... anyway it gives me another year on BOPSIII

Original Poster Editor

BuzzDuraband

Interesting. Were they not making Call of Duty: Vietnam back in the day … Interesting. Were they not making Call of Duty: Vietnam back in the day before it was canned?

Ah. Yes : http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Vietnam

BuzzDuraband

Interesting. Were they not making Call of Duty: Vietnam back in the day … Interesting. Were they not making Call of Duty: Vietnam back in the day before it was canned?

Not sure but they did make Advanced Warfare which is when the horrible jump stuff came along. I never liked that but I do think they are still better than IW after MW. But Treyarch make my favourite ones.

BuzzDuraband

Ah. Yes : http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Vietnam

Ahhh good to know! I guess i missed that then. Never heard of it. lol

oUkTuRkEyIII

Advanced Warfare wasn't really the best, they did an alright job with the … Advanced Warfare wasn't really the best, they did an alright job with the campaign but.... anyway it gives me another year on BOPSIII

Hell yeah! Wouldn't mind another one too. Although I wish their Zombies would get that magic back which we had in WaW. It still remains to be my favourite.

oUkTuRkEyIII

Black Ops 1,2 & 3 all great games, most people expect sequels to be awful … Black Ops 1,2 & 3 all great games, most people expect sequels to be awful but BOPSII was fantastic and still is. Don't even get me started on World at War (Amazing)

WAW will forever hold a special place in my heart.
    Type 100 with steady aim

Original Poster Editor

geebeegooner

WAW will forever hold a special place in my heart.Type 100 with steady … WAW will forever hold a special place in my heart.Type 100 with steady aim <3

Thompson with absolutely no aim more like

geebeegooner

WAW will forever hold a special place in my heart.Type 100 with steady … WAW will forever hold a special place in my heart.Type 100 with steady aim <3

I think I got down to like 40th (S&D) in the world on that (X360) I forgot the gun I used but i got a lot of stick for it.

Sack all them jokers off bar Treyarch apologise to most of respawn and get them making a cod game=Win.

Activision Explains Why 2017's Call Of Duty Is Going "Back To Its Roots"

While he described it as "a high-quality, innovative game," he revealed … While he described it as "a high-quality, innovative game," he revealed it "underperformed [Activision's] expectations." We already knew sales were down significantly compared with the previous year's Black Ops III. That was due in part to Infinite Warfare being a new sub-series, making for a difficult comparison with the established Black Ops.However, the futuristic setting has also been a source of complaints from some longtime Call of Duty fans, a fact that Tippl acknowledged. That doesn't mean the company necessarily regrets exploring that space."[I]t's clear that, for a portion of our audience, the space setting just didn't resonate," he explained. "We have a passionate, experienced studio deeply committed to this direction, and despite the risks we saw, we believe it is important to consider the passions of our game teams in deciding what content to create."While it wasn't the success we planned, it allows us to protect the core tenets of our culture that Bobby discussed: empowering our talented teams to have the chance to pursue opportunities that they are passionate about. Providing an environment that recognizes passion is a critical component of our success, and a process to learn from our mistakes is what makes our company special, and it's why the most talented people in our industry are attracted to our company.""In 2017, Activision will take Call of Duty back to its roots and traditional combat will once again take center stage," Tippl said. "This is what our dedicated community of Call of Duty players and Sledgehammer Games, which has been developing this year's title, are the most excited about."

gamespot.com/art…a0b

Original Poster Editor

CoolDude0123

Activision Explains Why 2017's Call Of Duty Is Going "Back To Its … Activision Explains Why 2017's Call Of Duty Is Going "Back To Its Roots"http://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-explains-why-2017s-call-of-duty-is-goin/1100-6447724/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Call of Duty: Vietnam.

Calling it first (_;)

There's some Destiny 2 news today too. Still on track to be released this year
    uk.ign.com/art…017

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/cooldude012/Screen%20Shot%202017-02-09%20at%2022.51.40_zpsdawqhzg0.png
    Edited by: "CoolDude0123" 9th Feb

BuzzDuraband

Call of Duty: Vietnam.Calling it first (_;)

Not Call of Duty: Fog of War?

CoolDude0123

There's some Destiny 2 news today too. Still on track to be released this … There's some Destiny 2 news today too. Still on track to be released this yearhttp://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/02/09/destiny-sequel-still-on-track-for-2017

I was on Reddit Destiny sub earlier and apparently it is launching this year but no mention of PC

oUkTuRkEyIII

I was on Reddit Destiny sub earlier and apparently it is launching this … I was on Reddit Destiny sub earlier and apparently it is launching this year but no mention of PC

Kotaku seems to have mentioned it is coming to PC. I'd believe it when I see it
    kotaku.com/des…111

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/cooldude012/Screen%20Shot%202017-02-09%20at%2023.03.29_zpsael6kpjv.png

oUkTuRkEyIII

Standoff?

That's the one.

so basically Activision has seen the success of BF1 and jumped back on the band wagon

Not at all surprising Mario does not even feature on such a list, but luckily for you all I am here to correct that blaring omission

Here is just a selection of some of Mario's Guiness World Records:-

*Most prolific video game character
    *Longest-running computer game character
    *Most successful videogame hero
    *Most critically acclaimed 3D platformer
    *Best-selling videogame series of all time
    *Most prolific party games series
    *Best selling non-bundled sports video game
    *Best-selling gaming character cross-over
    *Best-selling racing game
    *Earliest Nintendo game to feature competitive online play: (Mario Kart DS) The first Nintendo

SOURCE: escapistmagazine.com/new…rds

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/751505148820664321/kYNQ22So.jpg

Banned

oUkTuRkEyIII

Sledgehammers turn.

noahsdad

Not at all surprising Mario does not even feature on such a list, but … Not at all surprising Mario does not even feature on such a list, but luckily for you all I am here to correct that blaring omission :)Here is just a selection of some of Mario's Guiness World Records:-*Most prolific video game character*Longest-running computer game character*Most successful videogame hero*Most critically acclaimed 3D platformer*Best-selling videogame series of all time*Most prolific party games series *Best selling non-bundled sports video game*Best-selling gaming character cross-over*Best-selling racing game*Earliest Nintendo game to feature competitive online play: (Mario Kart DS) The first NintendoSOURCE: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100814-Marios-Ten-Best-Guinness-World-Records

You need to get a grip...

RossD89

You need to get a grip...

shush, that's all

noahsdad

shush, that's all

No.

You seriously need to get a grip and stop crying over Nintendo.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What a bunch of brassed necked barstewards68
      2. Any Xbox One news today?2356144
      3. One thing you've forgotten1822
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767518

See more discussions