Groups

Well this is why Pride events happen ... still so much ignorance

Hundreds of people have taken part in a ‘kiss-in at a Sainsbury’s Local in Hackney in a show of support for a gay couple who were ‘ejected’ for holding hands.

Thomas Rees, 32, and Joshua Bradwell, 25, say they were kicked out by security after a customer complained their holding hands to be ‘inappropriate’.
    An estimated 200 people danced outside the Sainsbury’s in Hackney Road this evening before streaming inside to fill the aisles and pledge their support to the couple.
    Shoppers appeared puzzled as the scores of gay men and women entered the store before starting a countdown to the mass kiss-in.

Read more: metro.co.uk/201…14/

101 Comments

What's the ghost connection?

Original Poster

stuarthanley

What's the ghost connection?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/TDnai8jDt7iSI/200_s.gif

davewave

Well edited

Original Poster

stuarthanley

Well edited

yup. lazy on my behalf, soz.

davewave

Police ‘witness paranormal events’ at family home including ‘dog levit … Police ‘witness paranormal events’ at family home including ‘dog levitating onto hedge’

oO

Unintended copy/paste from the website?

X)

As to the story - It's ridiculous that there is still so much ignorance and bigotry out there.

InB4 "I don't mind what they do in the privacy of their own bedrooms, but they don't have to shove it in my face"....

It seems that the good old days of a "strongly worded complaints letter" to head office are long gone.
    This is the era of over the top drama in the form of protests, marches and "kissathons" all for the benefit of the MSM.
    I blame Brexit.

Original Poster

stuarthanley

It seems that the good old days of a "strongly worded complaints letter" … It seems that the good old days of a "strongly worded complaints letter" to head office are long gone. This is the era of over the top drama in the form of protests, marches and "kissathons" all for the benefit of the MSM. I blame Brexit.

the bad press of the original story resulted in a £10 voucher, pretty poor.

davewave

the bad press of the original story resulted in a £10 voucher, pretty … the bad press of the original story resulted in a £10 voucher, pretty poor.

I agree but then you pursue things the sensible, legal way. What sort of reaction were they hoping to get by organising a flash mob kissing session?
    Media attention that increases the divide is the usual result.

Banned

Did they not take into consideration people shopping in there at the time? families with kids? elderly people?

There are ways to do things but this is just attention seeking.

Pathetic.

MrScotchBonnet

Did they not take into consideration people shopping in there at the … Did they not take into consideration people shopping in there at the time? families with kids? elderly people?

why should the elderly or families with kids care who is kissing who?

MrScotchBonnet

Did they not take into consideration people shopping in there at the … Did they not take into consideration people shopping in there at the time? families with kids? elderly people?There are ways to do things but this is just attention seeking. Pathetic.

What's pathetic about it? They brought attention to an issue in a slightly funny, non-hateful way.

Not sure what you're worried about 'families with kids' or 'elderly people' being exposed to by this, but that's your issue.

Banned

StevenBrown

I don't care about that, stop trying to twist things. Look at the photos there is hardly any room in the aisle to move. It's inconsiderate.

StevenBrown

I think he was referring to the amount of people taking up space in the shop, clearly not shopping.

MrScotchBonnet

I don't care about that, stop trying to twist things. Look at the photos … I don't care about that, stop trying to twist things. Look at the photos there is hardly any room in the aisle to move. It's inconsiderate.

Riiiiight.

Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

What's pathetic about it? They brought attention to an issue in a … What's pathetic about it? They brought attention to an issue in a slightly funny, non-hateful way.Not sure what you're worried about 'families with kids' or 'elderly people' being exposed to by this, but that's your issue.

Again, not bothered about the sexuality/kissing.

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

I don't care about that, stop trying to twist things. Look at the photos … I don't care about that, stop trying to twist things. Look at the photos there is hardly any room in the aisle to move. It's inconsiderate.

​what shops being busy ..how shocking!
    Edited by: "davewave" 16th Aug 2016

Banned

So you have an opinion and people try make you out to be homophobic, is that how it generally works here?

MrScotchBonnet

Again, not bothered about the sexuality/kissing.

Of course not. You're just worried about families with young kids or elderly people being exposed to....a crowded shopping aisle.

We all believe you.

Banned

davewave

​what shops being busy ..how shocking!

Dave, again, I'm beginning to think you aren't as intelligent as you think. The Sainsbury's in question IS NOT a large supermarket, but a convenience store. To get hit with 200 people at once plus current shoppers is capacity, as you can see from the photos.

Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Of course not. You're just worried about families with young kids or … Of course not. You're just worried about families with young kids or elderly people being exposed to....a crowded shopping aisle.We all believe you.

When are you back to school? have the family not been taking you out to feed the ducks?

MrScotchBonnet

When are you back to school? have the family not been taking you out to … When are you back to school? have the family not been taking you out to feed the ducks?

I'm worried about some Drakes getting too close to each other...because it's er, a tiny pond and it could be dangerously overcrowded.

Won't somebody think of the children.

Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

I'm worried about some Drakes getting too close to each other...because … I'm worried about some Drakes getting too close to each other...because it's er, a tiny pond and it could be dangerously overcrowded.Won't somebody think of the children.

Duck traffic control is an issue I agree.

MrScotchBonnet

I only read the comments as there is rarely a need to open the link because its usually all put in the OP, stop being so defensive as I wasn't trying to twist anything.

Banned

StevenBrown

I only read the comments as there is rarely a need to open the link … I only read the comments as there is rarely a need to open the link because its usually all put in the OP, stop being so defensive as I wasn't trying to twist anything.

Apology accepted X)

MrScotchBonnet

Apology accepted X)

wasn't an apology but if you want to kiss and make up..... X)

Banned

StevenBrown

wasn't an apology but if you want to kiss and make up..... X)

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

Dave, again, I'm beginning to think you aren't as intelligent as you … Dave, again, I'm beginning to think you aren't as intelligent as you think. The Sainsbury's in question IS NOT a large supermarket, but a convenience store. To get hit with 200 people at once plus current shoppers is capacity, as you can see from the photos.

misses the point of the protest.

How would writing a letter to the head office raise awareness of the fact that there are still ignorant and homophobic people out there and that gay, bi and trans people are still facing abuse and are treated differently?

RossD89

How would writing a letter to the head office raise awareness of the fact … How would writing a letter to the head office raise awareness of the fact that there are still ignorant and homophobic people out there and that gay, bi and trans people are still facing abuse and are treated differently?

And flash mobbing a store and making out is a wonderful way to win over the hearts of people who do still believe in abusing and treating LGBTI people differently. All its likely to achieve is more of whatever it is that causes the fear/hatred/disgust in the first place.

Original Poster

stuarthanley

And flash mobbing a store and making out is a wonderful way to win over … And flash mobbing a store and making out is a wonderful way to win over the hearts of people who do still believe in abusing and treating LGBTI people differently. All its likely to achieve is more of whatever it is that causes the fear/hatred/disgust in the first place.

well being ashamed didnt work before!

stuarthanley

And flash mobbing a store and making out is a wonderful way to win over … And flash mobbing a store and making out is a wonderful way to win over the hearts of people who do still believe in abusing and treating LGBTI people differently. All its likely to achieve is more of whatever it is that causes the fear/hatred/disgust in the first place.

I would say that what it is likely to acheive is a challenge on their perception and belief and to teach these people that it is wrong to treat people of a diffent sexualty any differently than you would treat those who are straight - both morally and legally.

These people can believe whatever they like, but they can't discriminate - which is exactly what happened here.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 16th Aug 2016

RossD89

I would say that what it is likely to acheive is a challenge on their … I would say that what it is likely to acheive is a challenge on their perception and belief and to teach these people that it is wrong to treat people of a diffent sexualty any differently than you would treat those who are straight - both morally and legally.These people can believe whatever they like, but they can't discriminate - which is exactly what happened here.

I cannot see how flash mobbing a store and copping off with each other will challenge people's preconceptions. I'd imagine it'd do the exact opposite and reinforce their beliefs, however misguided they are.
    How would a load of straight couples, flash mobbing a store and copping of with each other be seen? As quite bazaar, unconventional behaviour I'd imagine.
    Edited by: "SJHan" 16th Aug 2016

I think it's great, inconvenience Sainsburys way more than anyone else, there are supermarkets all over the place there anyway, no big deal. As someone said earlier an amusing way to get attention, amazed these cretinous opinions still exist.

Oh yeh, and 'attention seeking'....you reckon?! oO

MrScotchBonnet

Did they not take into consideration people shopping in there at the … Did they not take into consideration people shopping in there at the time? families with kids? elderly people?There are ways to do things but this is just attention seeking. Pathetic.

Holding hands is now offensive?

Original Poster

Sebas111

https://gilmanprogram.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/men-holding-hands-in-middle-east.jpg hmmm not really happens all over
    Edited by: "davewave" 16th Aug 2016

Banned

Sebas111

Where did you get holding hands is offensive from that comment?

Banned

Shaydog

I think it's great, inconvenience Sainsburys way more than anyone else, … I think it's great, inconvenience Sainsburys way more than anyone else, there are supermarkets all over the place there anyway, no big deal. As someone said earlier an amusing way to get attention, amazed these cretinous opinions still exist.Oh yeh, and 'attention seeking'....you reckon?! oO

What you getting for Christmas?

MrScotchBonnet

What you getting for Christmas?

Try and stick to the topic mate.

One of the guys had his sausage in the freezer oO
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717