Groups
    EXPIRED

West Ham v's Millwall thread ????????????

Any ideas ???

13 Comments

Yeah, don't start threads like this. There has been enough said already.

telboy007;6131758

+1 :thumbsup:

Did it turn into silly poo throwing?

Adam2050;6131775

an understatement there :-D

Original Poster

telboy007;6131758

Said who....oh yeah a hammers fan ...... :roll:

Adam2050;6131775

I am presuming it did then?

Who's to blame ?!?!?!?!

I was there at the game, you could see it was going to kick off. Two sides of the street packed by opposing fans, majority of which not wearing team colours. Streets so packed there were more people than seats in the stadium. Pubs packed with people you'd never see on any normal match day. The atmosphere was intense and the police presence was underwhelming.

Whose fault? Games with history like West Ham and Millwall don't go quietly. Ticket prices were so low and available for cash that anybody could get one, none of the people on the pitch were season ticket holders, one off idiots there for some action, hoping they'd blood themselves into the firm. Trying to emulate the 70s/80s. The last game we played there was a 1-1 draw in the championship and nothing happened, why? Higher police presence I'd imagine, played on a weekend in the daylight. This one? Late, dark with a whole day for boozing.

I walked through the two lines of yobs half an hour before it kicked off, I walked through the away fans in priory road about 15 minutes before kick off. I wasn't there for trouble I was there to watch a football game, a game that Millwall played very well in which has now been forgotten and brushed under the carpet due to the actions of mindless thugs who probably came out of retirement for one last hurrah. The events in green street before during and after the game were a disgrace and one that upsets me as a West Ham fan, I thought those days were gone... no I hoped those days were gone.

Go to newsnow and search for west ham united if you want to see the numerous media reports feeding the fire.

As I said enough has been said on this already.

They will never totally get rid of football holliganism in the UK. As Andy Nichol said on Panorama, you'd have to cut off the arms and legs of every male aged between 14 and 40 to totally stamp it out.

telboy007;6131985

I was there at the game, you could see it was going to kick off. Two … I was there at the game, you could see it was going to kick off. Two sides of the street packed by opposing fans, majority of which not wearing team colours. Streets so packed there were more people than seats in the stadium. Pubs packed with people you'd never see on any normal match day. The atmosphere was intense and the police presence was underwhelming. Whose fault? Games with history like West Ham and Millwall don't go quietly. Ticket prices were so low and available for cash that anybody could get one, none of the people on the pitch were season ticket holders, one off idiots there for some action, hoping they'd blood themselves into the firm. Trying to emulate the 70s/80s. The last game we played there was a 1-1 draw in the championship and nothing happened, why? Higher police presence I'd imagine, played on a weekend in the daylight. This one? Late, dark with a whole day for boozing. I walked through the two lines of yobs half an hour before it kicked off, I walked through the away fans in priory road about 15 minutes before kick off. I wasn't there for trouble I was there to watch a football game, a game that Millwall played very well in whcih has now been forgotten and brushed under the carpet due to the actions of mindless thugs who probably came out of retirement for one last hurrah. The events in green street before during and after the game were a disgrace and one that upsets me as a West Ham fan, I thought those days were gone... no I hoped those days were gone. Go to newsnow and search for west ham united if you want to see the numerous media reports feeding the fire.As I said enough has been said on this already.

Well said, but maybe try using paragraphs next time! :thumbsup:

Trickyjabs;6132250

Well said, but maybe try using paragraphs next time! :thumbsup:

Sigh, fine fine... edit on the way!

telboy007;6131985

I was there at the game, you could see it was going to kick off. Two … I was there at the game, you could see it was going to kick off. Two sides of the street packed by opposing fans, majority of which not wearing team colours. Streets so packed there were more people than seats in the stadium. Pubs packed with people you'd never see on any normal match day. The atmosphere was intense and the police presence was underwhelming. Whose fault? Games with history like West Ham and Millwall don't go quietly. Ticket prices were so low and available for cash that anybody could get one, none of the people on the pitch were season ticket holders, one off idiots there for some action, hoping they'd blood themselves into the firm. Trying to emulate the 70s/80s. The last game we played there was a 1-1 draw in the championship and nothing happened, why? Higher police presence I'd imagine, played on a weekend in the daylight. This one? Late, dark with a whole day for boozing. I walked through the two lines of yobs half an hour before it kicked off, I walked through the away fans in priory road about 15 minutes before kick off. I wasn't there for trouble I was there to watch a football game, a game that Millwall played very well in whcih has now been forgotten and brushed under the carpet due to the actions of mindless thugs who probably came out of retirement for one last hurrah. The events in green street before during and after the game were a disgrace and one that upsets me as a West Ham fan, I thought those days were gone... no I hoped those days were gone. Go to newsnow and search for west ham united if you want to see the numerous media reports feeding the fire.As I said enough has been said on this already.

I have also been to many West Ham v Millwall games & as has been said the atmosphere is always ice cold. The Old Den was a terrible place to visit as a West Ham fan as although i have yet to visit the New Den other than to watch Peterborough. Even then it seemed as though it could kick off at any second.

telboy007;6131985

I was there at the game, you could see it was going to kick off. Two … I was there at the game, you could see it was going to kick off. Two sides of the street packed by opposing fans, majority of which not wearing team colours. Streets so packed there were more people than seats in the stadium. Pubs packed with people you'd never see on any normal match day. The atmosphere was intense and the police presence was underwhelming. Whose fault? Games with history like West Ham and Millwall don't go quietly. Ticket prices were so low and available for cash that anybody could get one, none of the people on the pitch were season ticket holders, one off idiots there for some action, hoping they'd blood themselves into the firm. Trying to emulate the 70s/80s. The last game we played there was a 1-1 draw in the championship and nothing happened, why? Higher police presence I'd imagine, played on a weekend in the daylight. This one? Late, dark with a whole day for boozing. I walked through the two lines of yobs half an hour before it kicked off, I walked through the away fans in priory road about 15 minutes before kick off. I wasn't there for trouble I was there to watch a football game, a game that Millwall played very well in which has now been forgotten and brushed under the carpet due to the actions of mindless thugs who probably came out of retirement for one last hurrah. The events in green street before during and after the game were a disgrace and one that upsets me as a West Ham fan, I thought those days were gone... no I hoped those days were gone. Go to newsnow and search for west ham united if you want to see the numerous media reports feeding the fire.As I said enough has been said on this already.

Isn't that what happens at all football matches?

borolad94;6132290

Isn't that what happens at all football matches?

What tickets prices so low ????

You obviously haven't checked out Fulham V West Ham ( they are asking 50 quid !!! )

Original Poster

Expired thread, original thread may return later if people can behave themselves ...... :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to cancel Sky subscription33
      2. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…45
      3. Xbox One S or Xbox One X89
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1328

See more discussions