Groups

West Midlands Police may let Muslim officers wear burqas and niqabs in effort to boost diversity

Banned
    West Midlands Police Chief says the force would not rule out allowing female officers to wear the full-body, full-face veil.

West Midlands Police Chief says the force would not rule out allowing female officers to wear the full-body, full-face veil

independent.co.uk/new…tml

West Midlands Police need Muslim policewomen to deal with Muslim incidents involving women,(because lots don't speak English)here lies the problem,they are prevented by men to integrate within the community.

How could a woman in a burka chase a criminal wearing all that?

Anyhow, a sign of the times. People need to accept it.

90 Comments

Do people need to accept it? isnt that the problem?

The police can be very intimidating at the best of times, not sure id be very comfortable with completely masked copper pulling me over for a brake light out..

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5457/17449190072_d814de9618_b.jpg

Original Poster Banned

haritori

Do people need to accept it? isnt that the problem? The police can be … Do people need to accept it? isnt that the problem? The police can be very intimidating at the best of times, not sure id be very comfortable with completely masked copper pulling me over for a brake light out..

X)

"Excuse me son. Would you mind removing that balaclava so I can see your face"
    "Tell me sir. Which Police Officer was it that assaulted you?"

stupidity and I don't care what others say this is a Christian country?!

If, as most ignorant people believe, Muslim women are prevented from integrating with the community and with men, then tell me this......where will these Muslim policewomen come from? "Just popping out to the shops" whilst they do their shift?? It's a comment by the police chief that's been jumped on by the usual suspects......as most coppers would say.....nothing to see here, move on.

A muslim police woman can wear trousers same as a none muslim one, Sikhs wear there headscarfs in the police force so why shouldn't muslims wear theres, it makes no difference to their ability to police if they choose to cover their hair or whole face seeing as verious police units cover their faces anyway, all police where their number to identify them.

Error440

A muslim police woman can wear trousers same as a none muslim one, Sikhs … A muslim police woman can wear trousers same as a none muslim one, Sikhs wear there headscarfs in the police force so why shouldn't muslims wear theres, it makes no difference to their ability to police if they choose to cover their hair or whole face seeing as verious police units cover their faces anyway, all police where their number to identify them.

Headscarf covering the head is different to a complete face covering.

[ en.wikipedia.org/wik…plc ]

"Show him your cross," says Sister Helen. "Now you're talking," says Sister Catherine.
    She opens the window and shouts, "Get the **** off the Car!

fanpages

[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eweida_v_British_Airways_plc ]"Show him … [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eweida_v_British_Airways_plc ]"Show him your cross," says Sister Helen. "Now you're talking," says Sister Catherine.She opens the window and shouts, "Get the **** off the Car!

You didnt notice my post, fanpages I'm very disappointed in you.

Error440

A muslim police woman can wear trousers same as a none muslim one, Sikhs … A muslim police woman can wear trousers same as a none muslim one, Sikhs wear there headscarfs in the police force so why shouldn't muslims wear theres, it makes no difference to their ability to police if they choose to cover their hair or whole face seeing as verious police units cover their faces anyway, all police where their number to identify them.

Error440

You didnt notice my post, fanpages I'm very disappointed in you.

I noticed it. I just struggled with all the homophones.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/71639970.jpg

t_kaay

If, as most ignorant people believe, Muslim women are prevented from … If, as most ignorant people believe, Muslim women are prevented from integrating with the community and with men, then tell me this......where will these Muslim policewomen come from? "Just popping out to the shops" whilst they do their shift?? It's a comment by the police chief that's been jumped on by the usual suspects......as most coppers would say.....nothing to see here, move on.

I heard they're going to press gang the woman at the butcher shop. oO

lindus

​A christian Country hahaha, get real you idiot!

lindus

​This Isn't a Christian country. It may have been many moons ago!

drasim

It's alright to read up on statistics once in a while, you know.

​I'm from Liverpool, a place that has always welcomed people from all over the world, so somebody claiming that this is a "Christian Country" needs to be doing their homework, not me, I don't care what religion somebody is, because I'm not a weird Nazi haha.

Gollywood

​This Isn't a Christian country. It may have been many moons ago!

Up the secular Britain.

prynolfc

​I'm from Liverpool, a place that has always welcomed people from all o … ​I'm from Liverpool, a place that has always welcomed people from all over the world, so somebody claiming that this is a "Christian Country" needs to be doing their homework, not me, I don't care what religion somebody is, because I'm not a weird Nazi haha.

I deleted my comment as I didn't want to get drawn into a religion debate.
    However just because you and I welcome people from all over the world, it doesn't hide facts. For example, just because I am non-religious, it doesnt mean my stance automatically becomes the majority.
    If the most recent census says that 59.4% of the population are Christians, is that not the majority?
    Edited by: "drasim" 11th Sep 2016

prynolfc

​I'm from Liverpool, a place that has always welcomed people from all o … ​I'm from Liverpool, a place that has always welcomed people from all over the world, so somebody claiming that this is a "Christian Country" needs to be doing their homework, not me, I don't care what religion somebody is, because I'm not a weird Nazi haha.

​liverpool Is not like that at all... your one of the most white cities in England... oldham is 40% Muslim. it's like apartheid around here. you don't know what your talking about unless you live in an affected area...

drasim

I deleted my comment as I didn't want to get drawn into a religion … I deleted my comment as I didn't want to get drawn into a religion debate.However just because you and I welcome people from all over the world, it doesn't hide facts. For example, just because I am non-religious, it doesnt mean my stance automatically becomes the majority.If the most recent census says that 59.4% of the population are Christians, is that not the majority?

Most of them are African or Polish though.

Error440

Most of them are African or Polish though.

Although there of course many African and Polish Christians, non-UK born citizens represent approx 10% of the total of the UK Christian population, so definitely not most.

you do realise this actually hasnt happened ? and just another paper stirring up a story ? if there isn't a story the British press will make one up . They treat their readers like morons . Not one police officer is dressed this way, and yet you are up in arms against it ?
    rather than asking why are they even printing this non story?

The burka is not just a face mask, it is a political uniform, a statement about the control and ownership of women in Islam. It is outrageous that the police would even need to consider whether this extreme covering is acceptable attire for a police officer, it is not. This must not be allowed, ever.

I wouldn't have any dealings with a police officer who was hiding their face from me, or a doctor, nurse or teacher for that matter.
    Edited by: "airfix" 11th Sep 2016

richmond

you do realise this actually hasnt happened ? and just another paper … you do realise this actually hasnt happened ? and just another paper stirring up a story ? if there isn't a story the British press will make one up . They treat their readers like morons . Not one police officer is dressed this way, and yet you are up in arms against it ? rather than asking why are they even printing this non story?

You are forgetting that the majority of people who actually believe this rubbish are people who are uneducated and jobless....factor in the problem that most of these people have a reading age of 10-13 and you will realise it's pointless trying to talk sense to them.

point taken . ...

richmond

you do realise this actually hasnt happened ? and just another paper … you do realise this actually hasnt happened ? and just another paper stirring up a story ? if there isn't a story the British press will make one up . They treat their readers like morons . Not one police officer is dressed this way, and yet you are up in arms against it ? rather than asking why are they even printing this non story?

It took 25 posts to get to this.

Bang on.

They should adapt to our culture, Not us to theirs.

I suppose they will be working undercover

Banned

How would they actually be able communicate with the general public?

http://debatepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Burka-niqaab-uniform-police-polizei-Berlin-vermummung-schleier-islam-muslima-dienstkleidung-halal-konform.jpg

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11263185_814584311952411_1770343081_n.jpg

[img]i.redditmedia.com/J-k…jpg?w=1024&s=6492820edcd1992ed7aa3a3d8bc43e90[/img]

richmond

No they are asking why as part of a recruitment drive Chief Constable David Thompson said West Midlands police has 'no barriers relating officers wearing Muslim dress which covers the face' and perhaps wondering if other minorities because of 'cultural sensitivity' would be permitted to wear their 'extreme form of dress'.

West Midlands Welsh Police...

[img]lampheylittleones.org/wp-…jpg?width=391px&height=280px[/img]

Original Poster Banned

Fred Smith

No they are asking why as part of a recruitment drive Chief Constable … No they are asking why as part of a recruitment drive Chief Constable David Thompson said West Midlands police has 'no barriers relating officers wearing Muslim dress which covers the face' and perhaps wondering if other minorities because of 'cultural sensitivity' would be permitted to wear their 'extreme form of dress'.West Midlands Welsh Police...[img]http://lampheylittleones.org/wp-content/uploads/ladiesinarow.jpg?width=391px&height=280px[/img]

Thanks. Was going to point out that actual quote from the chief constable but then thought it's not my fault people can't read.

Banned

I would have thought that a full head and face covering would make it very difficult for anyone to have a true sense of their surroundings. Whilst the same applies to a police motorcyclist they do have the kind of helmet that can be raised to engage in communication and it does also offer good protection if they are caught off guard. I would have thought for the safety of a woman officer this idea will never be put in place.
    Edited by: "cchopps" 11th Sep 2016

cchopps

How would they actually be able communicate with the general … How would they actually be able communicate with the general public?[img]https://i.redditmedia.com/J-kJRv7HMH4cW7kRjNqkyFXEzwoP8gIkZJ_sF4L_bgU.jpg?w=1024&s=6492820edcd1992ed7aa3a3d8bc43e90[/img]

Dunno but they'd probably sound like Kenny from South Park on their two-way

There are no barriers , because no one has applied to wear a Muslim dress? he was replying to question by the press ... that was looking for a story??

Banned

stuarthanley

Dunno but they'd probably sound like Kenny from South Park on their … Dunno but they'd probably sound like Kenny from South Park on their two-way

The more I think about this the more I think it's a complete non story. Whenever I've have tried to communicate in any way with a woman wearing full covering it's pretty much been a one way short conversation. I would have thought that if a Muslim woman chose to dress with full face covering then the likelihood of her wanting such an 'in your face' career would be highly unlikely. Unless of course she was interested in an office job within the force. I personally would find it quite a strange experience if I went into my local police station and the person on the enquiry desk was decked out in kit like this.

Original Poster Banned

richmond

There are no barriers , because no one has applied to wear a Muslim … There are no barriers , because no one has applied to wear a Muslim dress? he was replying to question by the press ... that was looking for a story??

Ok. Now you're the one making assumptions. Not the press.

richmond

There are no barriers , because no one has applied to wear a Muslim … There are no barriers , because no one has applied to wear a Muslim dress? he was replying to question by the press ... that was looking for a story??

Exactly. But stating that there are 'no barriers' gets turned into something else by those who have an agenda.

Obviously it's not going to happen but some want to believe that stuff like this is a possibility because it fits their worldview.

MrScotchBonnet

Ok. Now you're the one making assumptions. Not the press.

I am making assumptions , that no one has asked to wear Muslim clothing? ...
    I am making assumptions that the press can sometimes report misleading stories ​, put a twist on a story?

I think all female police officers should look like this

http://i63.tinypic.com/20jkb4y.jpg

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Exactly. But stating that there are 'no barriers' gets turned into … Exactly. But stating that there are 'no barriers' gets turned into something else by those who have an agenda.Obviously it's not going to happen but some want to believe that stuff like this is a possibility because it fits their worldview.

​very true , it fans the flames of hatred.
    no one is wearing this clothing , and probably never will
    a ridiculous story .

Original Poster Banned

richmond

​very true , it fans the flames of hatred. no one is wearing this c … ​very true , it fans the flames of hatred. no one is wearing this clothing , and probably never will a ridiculous story .

Flames of hatred? You're the only angry one I can see.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2648
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846284
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1010

See more discussions