Western Digital MyCloud Backdoor

Edited by:"DarrylJohn"Found 7th Jan
I'd recommend to anyone who values their privacy, to remove a hard wired western digital MyCloud from their network.

If you have/use any Western Digital MyCloud drives, recommend disconnecting them immediately and transitioning the data to another product ASAP -Hardwired network backdoor (u: mydlinkBRionyg p: abc12345cba) no vendor response for six months.

t.co/Qv2…NjM

Credit to this guy on twitter. Passing the info on.

Updating the FW fixes this, apparently.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

Interesting

Is this affected as well ?

33020002-tGNO0.jpg

Anybody storing their personal files on "the Cloud" may as well stick the same information in an open envelope & place it on the ground in their nearest high street.

If you don't want anybody to have access to your data, don't share it with anybody.

fanpages1 h, 12 m ago

Anybody storing their personal files on "the Cloud" may as well stick the …Anybody storing their personal files on "the Cloud" may as well stick the same information in an open envelope & place it on the ground in their nearest high street.If you don't want anybody to have access to your data, don't share it with anybody.

Any tips on how to automatically securely share/sync files across 2 machines both owned by myself.

I can't quite work out if this is a waste of money and still not secure
Edited by: "OllieSt" 8th Jan

OllieSt31 m ago

Any tips on how to automatically securely share/sync files across 2 …Any tips on how to automatically securely share/sync files across 2 machines both owned by myself. I can't quite work out if this is a waste of money and still not secure

Ummm, that looks like it uses multiple cloud services. Do you really need to ask given the original statement?

OllieSt2 m ago

Sookasa never stores your files — that’s Dropbox or Drive’s job — but we pr …Sookasa never stores your files — that’s Dropbox or Drive’s job — but we protect them before they ever reach the cloud.

Right, so you're still using the cloud(s).

MSK.9 m ago

Right, so you're still using the cloud(s).

Yeah I know that, but Sookasa encrypts files. I understand that an encrypted file has more chance of being decrypted than no file at all, but I still need to be able to share/sync files across 2 PC's.

My original question was any tips on how to do so, Sookasa is not an option I've chosen because of what you're mentioning. I can share on my own home network, but it's restrictive for me.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 8th Jan

OllieSt20 m ago

Yeah I know that, but Sookasa encrypts files. I understand that an …Yeah I know that, but Sookasa encrypts files. I understand that an encrypted file has more chance of being decrypted than no file at all, but I still need to be able to share/sync files across 2 PC's. My original question was any tips on how to do so, Sookasa is not an option I've chosen because of what you're mentioning. I can share on my own home network, but it's restrictive for me.

I'll wait for Fanpages

OllieSt32 m ago

Yeah I know that, but Sookasa encrypts files. I understand that an …Yeah I know that, but Sookasa encrypts files. I understand that an encrypted file has more chance of being decrypted...

Well, to be fair, an unencrypted file has little-to-no chance of being decrypted

MSK.14 m ago

I'll wait for Fanpages

Me too. Why do I think 'anybody' may include myself.

fanpages8 h, 55 m ago

Well, to be fair, an unencrypted file has little-to-no chance of being …Well, to be fair, an unencrypted file has little-to-no chance of being decrypted

Here we go!
Edited by: "OllieSt" 9th Jan

fanpages4 m ago

Well, to be fair, an unencrypted file has little-to-no chance of being …Well, to be fair, an unencrypted file has little-to-no chance of being decrypted

Worth the wait

I've never managed to access Mycloud files successfully outside my home so I'd be amazed if anyone else did (always get remote access denied despite it being switched on)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants