Weston Pier : The Last Day

Spent the weekend in Weston and the news coming out of there makes me feel sad at what has happened.. was walking underneath the pier at 08:30 yesterday morning so seems weird that the main part of it has gone.

Here she is on the last day...

8 Comments

Banned

Hoped that sly fag you had was put out properly matey!

Joking aside, its sad really.....you would think they would have MASSIVE fire systems in place to stop this really

ODB_69;2619596

Hoped that sly fag you had was put out properly matey!

:giggle:

seriously though, I have never been but it still made me feel it was such a shame as it is part Britains seaside heritage.

Been going there every summer since I was a kid as it's so close to Bristol. Really sad watching her burn this morning and just after her refit :cry:

thats one amazing place to burn holes in ya pocket & in the time, has great views across the oceans,

will be surely missed by anyone who visited, i been going there for last 12 years :cry:

what else is there to do in weston now ???

ODB_69;2619596

Joking aside, its sad really.....you would think they would have MASSIVE … Joking aside, its sad really.....you would think they would have MASSIVE fire systems in place to stop this really

Yeah you would, especially considering the fact that probably 90% of the Uks seaside piers have gone the same way

Southend one catches fire at least once a year... you would think with all that water around it they would be able to put it out quick!

gary_rip;2620192

Southend one catches fire at least once a year... you would think with … Southend one catches fire at least once a year... you would think with all that water around it they would be able to put it out quick!

Tide was way out. I really like Weston and was gutted this morning when i heard the news; when i put on the TV i realized how bad it was. My four year old boy wanted to go and help put out the fire :-( he loved it there. For me this was the main attraction in Weston, it will be strange to go and not be able to visit the pier. I hope that they will rebuild it but with the economy the way it is at he moment, i very doubt it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764080
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2234
    3. Sad news about Barcelona1867
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?55

See more discussions