Wet & Forget Algae Remover Etc What Garden Sprayer To Use?

Found 6th Feb
I'm thinking of trying this product but it says you need to use it with a garden sprayer,does anyone use this product and if so what garden sprayer do you use or are they much of a muchness so it doesn't matter?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Either buy the cheapest 5Lt sprayer you can find from Argos or somewhere and expect it to last a year or so or buy a Hozelock and you should get a few years out of it.

Make sure you drain it well and put it in a shed/garage over winter as if they freeze with water in the hoses and valves will be shot.

Just last year I bought some swimming pool grade sodium hypochlorite from ebay to remove algae/lichins from our patio - worked a treat, still clean now. I tried Patio Magic but that was not as effective. Soak it with hypochlorite for a few hours then pressure washed off. I used a cheapy sprayer from Home Bargains for the hypochlorite as I did not expect it to last long!

Edit - this is what I used ebay.co.uk/itm…VkN Several videos on youtube showing hypochlorite being used by pro cleaning companies.
Edited by: "Van1973" 6th Feb
Just use a watering can. I did. You don't have to soak just get a coat on and wait for a few weeks. Done mine in October. Worked great. Need to do again
Van19735 m ago

Either buy the cheapest 5Lt sprayer you can find from Argos or somewhere …Either buy the cheapest 5Lt sprayer you can find from Argos or somewhere and expect it to last a year or so or buy a Hozelock and you should get a few years out of it. Make sure you drain it well and put it in a shed/garage over winter as if they freeze with water in the hoses and valves will be shot.Just last year I bought some swimming pool grade sodium hypochlorite from ebay to remove algae/lichins from our patio - worked a treat, still clean now. I tried Patio Magic but that was not as effective. Soak it with hypochlorite for a few hours then pressure washed off. I used a cheapy sprayer from Home Bargains for the hypochlorite as I did not expect it to last long!Edit - this is what I used https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liquid-Chlorine-Sodium-Hypochlorite-14-15-w-w-4x5-Litres/182283352123?hash=item2a70ef383b:g:t3oAAOSwo4pYNVkN Several videos on youtube showing hypochlorite being used by pro cleaning companies.

Farm shops sell what you used for about £15 for 5 gallons. Massive barrel.
I don't recommend. No good for pets. It's bleach so is horrible stuff as burn my trousers. Patio cleaner is just as effective and much better. IMO.
Edited by: "wayners" 6th Feb
wayners25 m ago

Farm shops sell what you used for about £15 for 5 gallons. Massive barrel. …Farm shops sell what you used for about £15 for 5 gallons. Massive barrel. I don't recommend. No good for pets. It's bleach so is horrible stuff as burn my trousers. Patio cleaner is just as effective and much better. IMO.

Thanks for the price source - will have a look local when I next need some, have about 10 litres left still from last year! I found Patio Magic to be useless - the bleach worked great. Cleaned up slabs and block paving to look like new, still does 9 months later. Have never tried the Wet and Forget product - will have to investigate what the Active Ingredient is?.

EDIT - just had a look at what's in both Patio Magic and Wet & Forget. Patio Magic contains 7.5% of BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE and Wet & Forget has 9.9% N-Dodecyl/tetradecyl-N,N-dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride. Don't appear to be the same but certainly of the same chemical family. For info, Wet and Forget is not too nice a chemical neither........ "Severe eye irritant. Corrosive to skin –repeated or prolonged contact may result in dermatitis or skin sensitisation. Ingestion can cause burning pain in mouth, throat and abdomen – May be fatal if ingested. Inhalation of mists can produce respiratory irritation."

For something to kill algae/mould/lichens then it has to be pretty nasty and in appropriate concentrations could obviously be hazardous to other life forms as well!
Edited by: "Van1973" 6th Feb
wayners21 m ago

Just use a watering can. I did. You don't have to soak just get a coat on …Just use a watering can. I did. You don't have to soak just get a coat on and wait for a few weeks. Done mine in October. Worked great. Need to do again

I did wonder if you could use one,thank you
Van197315 m ago

Thanks for the price source - will have a look local when I next need …Thanks for the price source - will have a look local when I next need some, have about 10 litres left still from last year! I found Patio Magic to be useless - the bleach worked great. Cleaned up slabs and block paving to look like new, still does 9 months later. Have never tried the Wet and Forget product - will have to investigate what the Active Ingredient is?.

There's a wet & forget Todays Special Value on QVC today.

I used bleach last year to clean up paving slabs and block paving and it got them really clean but it was very hard work using it neat with a brush,so I was thinking the wet & forget might keep it looking clean without too much effort now.
Hi, I bought Pro-Kleen from amazon and the cheapest 5 litre sprayer I could find (approx £7) and I was very happy with the results. I have a dog so safety very important to me so I applied and once dry it was safe.

My first sprayer blew up because I pumped too much air in 🤪 but the next one is still going strong, I agree with other poster to keep in garage to avoid freezing

good luck
I bought this for my slabs and patio area and used a sprayer and used it neat it was rubbish a total waste of money. never again
Scotland131452 m ago

I bought this for my slabs and patio area and used a sprayer and used it …I bought this for my slabs and patio area and used a sprayer and used it neat it was rubbish a total waste of money. never again

There are a lot of good reviews online for it,why didn't you follow the instructions though if it needs to be mixed with water
I use thin bleach from supermarkets (pennies for 2 litres) mixed 1:2 with water in a bucket with hard brush. Give slabs a good soaking, leave for an hour or so depending on the weather (cold or shady leave it longer) then get to work with the brush and a little elbow grease
u66454140 m ago

I use thin bleach from supermarkets (pennies for 2 litres) mixed 1:2 with …I use thin bleach from supermarkets (pennies for 2 litres) mixed 1:2 with water in a bucket with hard brush. Give slabs a good soaking, leave for an hour or so depending on the weather (cold or shady leave it longer) then get to work with the brush and a little elbow grease

I did that last year but I used it neat as using it diluted wasn't bringing them up clean but I really don't want to be doing it yearly as I'm getting too old for spending hours scrubbing with a brush.

I wanted to use this instead as maintenance.
Domthedonkey1 h, 4 m ago

There are a lot of good reviews online for it,why didn't you follow the …There are a lot of good reviews online for it,why didn't you follow the instructions though if it needs to be mixed with water

Domthedonkey I bought 2 bottles of it 1 5L and 1 2,5L i used the small one as the instructions and that did nothing so decided to use the rest strait still nothing. I did buy this after reading the reviews just wish I hadn’t bother it’s just crap
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions