Wet shaving

Posted 7th Jan 2019
I'm looking for a good wet shave razor so just wondering what's your favourite ? barring the usual main ones ie Gillette and Wilkinson sword.
Community Updates
Ask
27 Comments
deleted1523363
All about the same really, I would go for any multiple blades unless you are not confident and then just a duel blade is enough. Keep every cold with short strokes dipping the razor in the water often then warm water to finish. Down shave against the stubble unless you can't help it. If you do that you encourage pitting of the skin.
Not sure about razor but best shave gel is king of shaves and there oil which you put on before the gel
Gives you such a smooth shave, feels just like you’ve got out the shower and shaved
Great for sensitive skin too
Harry’s? I don’t shave (beard life) but a few of my mates recommend them.
neilakabej10 m ago

Not sure about razor but best shave gel is king of shaves and there oil …Not sure about razor but best shave gel is king of shaves and there oil which you put on before the gel Gives you such a smooth shave, feels just like you’ve got out the shower and shaved Great for sensitive skin too

Thanks I might try that, I'm tempted to get a cut throat but I'm afraid I may just do that
Go for a DE safety razor and get a multi pack of razors will save you a fortune if you wet shave and gives great results
justanothercid07/01/2019 18:41

Go for a DE safety razor and get a multi pack of razors will save you a …Go for a DE safety razor and get a multi pack of razors will save you a fortune if you wet shave and gives great results

Tempted by one of these can you use shaving gel or do you have to use soap and brush ?
Edwin Jagger DE89 razor, Astra Platinum blades, a nice badger hair brush and a proper shaving cream, like Taylors. Be patient in learning and you will be rewarded with a very satisfying shave.
furbars07/01/2019 18:44

Tempted by one of these can you use shaving gel or do you have to use soap …Tempted by one of these can you use shaving gel or do you have to use soap and brush ?

Can use what you like it’s just something to make the skin smoother.. and help it glide over
justanothercid2 m ago

Can use what you like it’s just something to make the skin smoother.. and h …Can use what you like it’s just something to make the skin smoother.. and help it glide over

And to soften the stubble.
It's take too long on shavers for a clean shave, I have given up on them back to good old Razer.
gillette 3 blade jobs disposable type from the cheap stores. I find then light weight and cheaper than chips. I just use ordinary soap bars or skin moisturiser if skin is playing up to shave with. Works for me as just rub soap on face and use whatever is in bathroom.
wayners07/01/2019 19:02

gillette 3 blade jobs disposable type from the cheap stores. I find then …gillette 3 blade jobs disposable type from the cheap stores. I find then light weight and cheaper than chips. I just use ordinary soap bars or skin moisturiser if skin is playing up to shave with. Works for me as just rub soap on face and use whatever is in bathroom.

Disposable in 2019 you will be killing the planet disgraceful!!!
justanothercid6 m ago

Disposable in 2019 you will be killing the planet disgraceful!!!

Yeah.. I was thinking about that while typing.. I have listened to a American podcast where the guy said we've been mislead. He bought a safety razor and 100 blades from amazon and says they are just as good and any multi blade razor.. Don't know if true. Last a lifetime.. Grandad was using without no problems as I remember. Just
Edited by: "wayners" 7th Jan 2019
deleted1410297
merkur 34c + feather blades + proraso cream. axis power!!!
Wife was watching one of those clothes show about 10 years ago, they had an “expert” on there who said shave in the shower without gel. Laughed at the time but been doing it ever since, the heat from the water makes the follicles stand up and the water acts like a lubricant. Good Fusion blades only ones that have ever lasted for me and perfect shave every time.

I have hard stubble and and can only use most blades 2 or 3 times even when shaving in the old fashioned way but Fusion last for 3 to 4 weeks. Disposables are once and in the bin, used to use two for a proper shave.
eslick52 m ago

Wife was watching one of those clothes show about 10 years ago, they had …Wife was watching one of those clothes show about 10 years ago, they had an “expert” on there who said shave in the shower without gel. Laughed at the time but been doing it ever since, the heat from the water makes the follicles stand up and the water acts like a lubricant. Good Fusion blades only ones that have ever lasted for me and perfect shave every time. I have hard stubble and and can only use most blades 2 or 3 times even when shaving in the old fashioned way but Fusion last for 3 to 4 weeks. Disposables are once and in the bin, used to use two for a proper shave.

Might give it a go thanks.
eslick1 h, 8 m ago

Wife was watching one of those clothes show about 10 years ago, they had …Wife was watching one of those clothes show about 10 years ago, they had an “expert” on there who said shave in the shower without gel. Laughed at the time but been doing it ever since, the heat from the water makes the follicles stand up and the water acts like a lubricant. Good Fusion blades only ones that have ever lasted for me and perfect shave every time. I have hard stubble and and can only use most blades 2 or 3 times even when shaving in the old fashioned way but Fusion last for 3 to 4 weeks. Disposables are once and in the bin, used to use two for a proper shave.

This is exactly what I do until the blade has worn in a bit then use a little foam or shower gel to help smooth it a bit
If you get a old gillette adjustable superspeed from the 1960s you can't go wrong. Cost is from £20 to £30. Usually plenty on ebay in Europe. Next to impossible to cut yourself with them as you can set them really mild.

Way better than modern DE razors too.
Them razor and blade from darco (6 blades) which you get from amazon free most the time are excellent ( normally priced 6.99 for the razor and one blade)
neilakabej07/01/2019 23:32

Them razor and blade from darco (6 blades) which you get from amazon free …Them razor and blade from darco (6 blades) which you get from amazon free most the time are excellent ( normally priced 6.99 for the razor and one blade)

Agree been using my 99p Dorco for nearly 6 months now and it has been great
cliosport6508/01/2019 09:38

Agree been using my 99p Dorco for nearly 6 months now and it has been …Agree been using my 99p Dorco for nearly 6 months now and it has been great

What the same one ?
furbars2 m ago

What the same one ?

Yes the same one much better than the leading brands .
get into DE shaving on the cheap with a Wilkinson Sword set up

Wilkinson Sword CLASSIC Double Edge SAFETY RAZOR - ebay 320873656202 (blades are great starter blades anyway) £5.39 delivered

then get a cheap brush and shaving soap at any supermarket - maybe £7 for both

watch some YouTube vids and away you go. Practice and you will get a far better shave than with disposables and save a fortune.

If you like the concept then invest in a decent razor - like the one mentioned above from Erwin Jagger / Mercur

hth

EliTom
Definitely give DE a try. 10p a blade vs megabucks for disposables is going to save a small fortune over a lifetime.
furbars23 h, 21 m ago

Tempted by one of these can you use shaving gel or do you have to use soap …Tempted by one of these can you use shaving gel or do you have to use soap and brush ?

You can use shaving oil if that's more your style.
Someone from HUKD suggested baby oil, so I use that now with a Jagen David DE razor.
I have a butterfly razor - makes it easier to take out the blade and dry it, to keep it sharp.
eslick07/01/2019 19:59

How much longer are you in the shower though? Does that have an adverse affect on your gas/electricity bill ?
hoojie1 h, 23 m ago

How much longer are you in the shower though? Does that have an adverse …How much longer are you in the shower though? Does that have an adverse affect on your gas/electricity bill ?

Not that long amount of water wouldn’t be as much as filling the sink.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants