Wet vs Dry Applied Screen Protector?

Found 10th Sep 2017Edited by:"ColdDeals"
Leave your opinions below, I want to know what you prefer
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Wet is with water used. Dry is just rolled on no liquid I think.
bbfb12316 m ago

Wet is with water used. Dry is just rolled on no liquid I think.

They mean opinions on using them, not options lol
I work in a phone store and having applied hundreds of the bloody things (wet, dry, plastic & glass) I prefer the tempered glass protectors. Good brands come with an alcohol wipe, a soft cloth and a dust sticker. Properly applied they go on perfect and self-adhere (customers like watching this bit!)

My store also now have a clever little contraption from Belkin that makes application super easy and perfectly aligned every time

I don't get the 'wet' applications - they need 'curing' for X amount of time and you've got to avoid using the phone in that time. They're unnecessarily rubbish
I have literally just applied a wet one. To a S8. First one I've ever done, and to be fair it was much easier to put on than any previous ones I have used.

There is a curing time so we'll have to wait and see if I still feel the same. So far though, looks great. No bubbles, edge is stuck down and no rainbow effect.
I have had few phones tablets and ipad sok far. Tempered glass always. Bought a s8 recently. Only option I'm left with was wet screen protector. Can't blame it's the screen design.. Took so much time to apply..
vassy15 h, 36 m ago

I have had few phones tablets and ipad sok far. Tempered glass always. …I have had few phones tablets and ipad sok far. Tempered glass always. Bought a s8 recently. Only option I'm left with was wet screen protector. Can't blame it's the screen design.. Took so much time to apply..

There are curved tempered glass protectors out there for the s8 ours were by Panzer glass and they went on without a hitch
missy8952 m ago

There are curved tempered glass protectors out there for the s8 ours …There are curved tempered glass protectors out there for the s8 ours were by Panzer glass and they went on without a hitch

Yes I have tried 3 diff ones. I didn't like it after applying the case. Tempered glass only sticks on the sides leaving the centre free..
I've a wet one on my S8+, goes on so much easier than a dry one & you can rearrange it however many times you need to if you get it slightly wrong.
I just buy the cheapest on eBay, usually a pack of 5+ as it takes a few attempts to get it perfect..

never had a scratch on any screen when using cheapo screen protectors
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants