Groups

WH Smith has ceased trading in DVD's/CD's etc?

My local store has informed me that WH Smith no longer sell these media, which means the entire top half of the store is now obsolete.

If this is nationwide, I fail to see how this revamp of their business model is going to stop them going the way of Woolworths. They are now reduced to being a glorified bookshop. Deathwatch alert I think.

5 Comments

In my local store they have put a Jessops where they used to sell dvds and cds

They've taken over a lot of the main post office counters round here. Not very handy for the old dears going upstairsn either.

In Mine they've just got rid of Computer Games, I feel they're going downhill, you can get most books cheaper on the net. The only things they sell are magasines, tat, overpriced chocolate and overpriced stationery.

Banned

Rob-Rules;6911476

In Mine they've just got rid of Computer Games, I feel they're going … In Mine they've just got rid of Computer Games, I feel they're going downhill, you can get most books cheaper on the net. The only things they sell are magasines, tat, overpriced chocolate and overpriced stationery.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Teal"]even the large stores are ditching games - although Nintendo stuff remains for now.

Not sure why you are all upset - the games were astronomically priced anyway[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Any longer with those high prices............. it would be **WHsmith has creased trading ***, not just their cd/dvd department !!!! .......:oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?55
      2. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?79
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?57
      4. sky q is it a good deal?67

See more discussions