wharfedale L26TA6A - no remote control

10 replies
Found 29th Jul 2008
I recently bought a 26" LCD Wharfedale TV from argos, really good deal only £180. However it did not come with a remote. Argos supplied a One4All but it does not work the tv correctly. Wont work the built in freeview or menu. I thought it would be pretty easy to get a replacement but it seems impossible. Has anyone got any ideas???

Please Help...

10 Comments

Original Poster

Hiya

I did order one from them but it doesn't work the TV at all!!! I got the remote from them this morning, very fast delivery. It came with no instructions. Tried it but doesnt do anything...

have you got a model for the TV/remote and the one4all controller model?

Original Poster

The TV model is L26TA6A.

The One for all 4 Way from argos 534/4905

Original Poster

sorry there was no model number on it that i could see anyway :whistling:

Ok, probably only covering what you already have, but one4all uk site doesnt show that actual controller but something which looks very similar lists 4 codes to try for wharfedale TVs (Setup Code : 0037
Setup Code : 0519
Setup Code : 0556
Setup Code : 0698)

It also mentions that the particular range includes one4all customer call centre support so it might be worth ringing if you havent as they can either help or maybe recommend a different model that will work.

Original Poster

Cheers for that, i'll give them a go!!! :thumbsup:

Seems so much work just to turn the telly over... :x

Never mind, serves me right for trying to save money :whistling:

Original Poster

Still no luck :thinking:

The remote turns over the telly but still does not let me control the built in freeview of the menu system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you source a good replacement? My TV needs a retune for the Freeview change.

^^^^^^^^
4 years later....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gatwick Airport Parking34
    2. Wireless earphones22
    3. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?47
    4. Domain renewal34

See more discussions