Found 25th Nov 2007
Very close to finishing a free hdtv site and was wondering what tv to go for. I am getting a 32" tv for my parents to replace the 26" bravia we have currently there. The 32" will go there whilst i take the 26" upstaris to my room to replace my 20" bravia!

Anyway:
Samsung LE32R87BD - amazon.co.uk/Sam…1-1
Sony KDL32S3000 - amazon.co.uk/Son…8-1

So which one is better or is there a better option i should ask for instead?

Ben

1. Misc
  2. HD TV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. HD TV
6 Comments

Original Poster

anyone?

The Samsungs IMO are the best on the market at the moment.

Original Poster

thank, i am inclined to go for the samsung? any more opinions?

Original Poster

also do they both give out 1080i signals? and though i doubt it 1080p?

Ben

What is the TV going to be used for (mostly)? Gaming? standard definition analogue viewing? upscaled dvd viewing? Sky+ high def viewing?

If mostly standard definition viewing go for the Toshiba 32c3035db which is available from Empire direct for £405 (with a 10% off code - and you get quidco of about £7) if you pick up. Delivered its £430. The Toshiba is supposedly better at displaying SD than the Samsung.

If mostly high def - go for the Samsung which is £468 with code from Dixons(and you get Quidco)

Original Poster

thanks gari. its going to be used for gaming mostly i guess. i'm getting it sent to me (so im not ordering it), so quidco wouldnt get me anywhere! and im not sure but i think the company only buy off amazon. will ask him sometime anyway..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35102
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769629
    3. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!1729
    4. Boredom910

See more discussions