Groups

what 3D TV/ Input Lag

Hi
    I'm looking for a new, 55inch TV. All the TV's appear to have varying input lags for gaming. I'm interested in a good picture, 3D, Smart etc. I have always rated Samsung, I currently have a 47inch over 7 years old and going strong. Unfortunately, new Samsung has no 3D.
    To cut a long story short, I'm no competition gamer. I like sandbox games essentially games like Arma2/3, Miscreated and other zombie/ survival with a bit of Racing thrown in.
    The real question is what sort of input lag would be acceptable for non competitive gaming. Sammy's are as low as 21ms Some nice OLED LG's have 55ms.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2 Comments

puckered

Hi I'm looking for a new, 55inch TV. All the TV's appear to have … Hi I'm looking for a new, 55inch TV. All the TV's appear to have varying input lags for gaming. I'm interested in a good picture, 3D, Smart etc. I have always rated Samsung, I currently have a 47inch over 7 years old and going strong. Unfortunately, new Samsung has no 3D.To cut a long story short, I'm no competition gamer. I like sandbox games essentially games like Arma2/3, Miscreated and other zombie/ survival with a bit of Racing thrown in.The real question is what sort of input lag would be acceptable for non competitive gaming. Sammy's are as low as 21ms Some nice OLED LG's have 55ms.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

They went up to 200-300ms before many people noticed and they started implementing dedicated game modes.

It is something that varies by person so nothing but trial and error can give you a definitive answer. The game, computer and input devices all add to it as well and they all vary.

Basically, for non-competative use it's not something I'd worry about. Even 55ms is going to be no more than slight if you notice it at all.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

They went up to 200-300ms before many people noticed and they started … They went up to 200-300ms before many people noticed and they started implementing dedicated game modes.It is something that varies by person so nothing but trial and error can give you a definitive answer. The game, computer and input devices all add to it as well and they all vary.Basically, for non-competative use it's not something I'd worry about. Even 55ms is going to be no more than slight if you notice it at all.

That's what I was hoping to hear. £1500 ish is a lot to spend on trial and error.
    Thanks for your input.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Wireless Earphones for Running44
      2. HELP FORD FOCUS RADIO NOT WORKING22
      3. Can you machine wash wool suit trousers that state "dry clean only"?55
      4. Iptv916

See more discussions