what 4k media player?

Found 17th Jul
Hey up all, i just wondered if anyone has any feedback or recommendations for a 4k media player? i am a big fan of the sumvision cyclone 2+, but now i want a 4k media player. i dont want a kodi/ android box. i just want to be able to play 4k movies from a HDD to a media player to tv, no streaming involved.

Any one have any opinions?

Thanks in advance :-)
Community Updates
AskTV
9 Comments
Most 4k bluray players will do this as standard as long as you have a clean rip.
kester764 m ago

Most 4k bluray players will do this as standard as long as you have a …Most 4k bluray players will do this as standard as long as you have a clean rip.

Thanks for the comment, im hoping to explore a smaller box media player to be honest, hoping to anyway :-)
Observation cos question appears ambiguous: a 4k Android box with or without Kodi will facillitate playback of 4k content from (assumed) USB hard drive and/or network, or via SATA/USB adaptor or direct via the Tronsmart box with integral SATA connectivity. Could optionally use Kodi as the player, not streamer. Not clear why Kodi should be excluded from player software option.
AndyRoyd18 m ago

Observation cos question appears ambiguous: a 4k Android box with or …Observation cos question appears ambiguous: a 4k Android box with or without Kodi will facillitate playback of 4k content from (assumed) USB hard drive and/or network, or via SATA/USB adaptor or direct via the Tronsmart box with integral SATA connectivity. Could optionally use Kodi as the player, not streamer. Not clear why Kodi should be excluded from player software option.

thanks for your response. i just wanted to clairfy that i dont want to stream content and im not getting on with android boxes to be honest, the UI hasnt been working for me! i like the UI on the sumvision, just a simple, switch on, browse file, play situation. :-)
FTOdude17012 m ago

thanks for your response. i just wanted to clairfy that i dont want to …thanks for your response. i just wanted to clairfy that i dont want to stream content and im not getting on with android boxes to be honest, the UI hasnt been working for me! i like the UI on the sumvision, just a simple, switch on, browse file, play situation. :-)

K. I tried to resist but can't help myself: Libreelec box autoboot to Kodi. Job done, and capable of playing all manner of media direct from ext drive inc high bitrate x265 10bit; loads of support, etc.
I think you are into the realms of a PC if you don’t want to go the android/shield route because pretty much every media player will have some shortfalls and will not play everything you throw at it
I also just use a cheap android box (has to be amlogic) that boots straight into libreelec/coreelec (aka kodi) and will play anything including 4k HDR 10bit h265 without issue. Kodi was designed primarily as a local media player not a streamer anyway.
New TVs will read off hard drive, other than that I use an nvidia Sheild, awesome piece of kit, you don’t want kodi but this gives you the option and shoebox, will also stream games from pc with nvidia graphics card. Probably one of the best media players out there atm.
cheers all for the replies... i may have to concede then and meet in the middle with the options available to me. :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants