What a difference 40 years makes

Top comments
Such bollox, there's always someone somewhere ready to jump on the cultural/race bandwagon, what on earth does it matter what colour your skin is in relation to your hair style?
People want equality and then insist on being treated different.
Ahh gone from a sweet, slightly dumpy looking girl to looking like someone that could suck the colour out of a marble.
"some followers on the platform suggested the picture was offensive to black people"

Probably white, middle class people, from Tunbridge Wells, being annoyed on behalf of black people.
17 Comments
Such bollox, there's always someone somewhere ready to jump on the cultural/race bandwagon, what on earth does it matter what colour your skin is in relation to your hair style?
People want equality and then insist on being treated different.
What point are you trying to make?

That out of hundreds of thousands of people to see that picture, a couple took offence?

Were you one of them?
Dyslexic_Dog5 m ago

Such bollox, there's always someone somewhere ready to jump on the …Such bollox, there's always someone somewhere ready to jump on the cultural/race bandwagon, what on earth does it matter what colour your skin is in relation to your hair style?

Crazy isn't it.

Woman around the world choose to do what they feel makes them look good. Long may it continue.

33303069-umANt.jpg
Ahh gone from a sweet, slightly dumpy looking girl to looking like someone that could suck the colour out of a marble.
Her lips look a riot...
This story annoyed me too.

How can you have cultural integration without an element of "cultural appropriation"?

Culture is fluid (it has to be otherwise societies stagnate) and no one group owns it.
komakino10 m ago

This story annoyed me too.How can you have cultural integration without an …This story annoyed me too.How can you have cultural integration without an element of "cultural appropriation"?Culture is fluid (it has to be otherwise societies stagnate) and no one group owns it.

It's designed to annoy. The actual outrage is a few people of no consequence. The vast majority of people don't have any issues.

It's clickbait.
"some followers on the platform suggested the picture was offensive to black people"

Probably white, middle class people, from Tunbridge Wells, being annoyed on behalf of black people.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals35 m ago

It's designed to annoy. The actual outrage is a few people of no …It's designed to annoy. The actual outrage is a few people of no consequence. The vast majority of people don't have any issues.It's clickbait.

What's your opinion on the term cultural appropriation?
Your thread made me think of this piece I read late last year

is putting a tea towel on your kid’s head for a Nativity play a bit racist?

metro.co.uk/201…are

"It depends on your sensitivities about cultural appropriation and whether you think it’s a massive problem or people making a fuss about nothing. But whether you disapproved or not, you’d probably register that it’s pretty non-PC."
I blame the BBC for this
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals3 h, 3 m ago

It's designed to annoy. The actual outrage is a few people of no …It's designed to annoy. The actual outrage is a few people of no consequence. The vast majority of people don't have any issues.It's clickbait.

You're right but this story does reflect a genuine problem with self-identifying "liberals" not acting in a very liberal way.

The "no platform" movement in some British universities being a more pertinent example.
Ima hating not cos itz dredz but becuz it looks **** on her.

What the ***** wrong with the world. What next, only white people in tshirt, jeans and DM's allowed to shave their heads? Pfffft.
It's a hairstyle not a way of life. Pretty sure Britain didn't appropriate culture in the past oh wait pretty much everything was nicked from somewhere.
It would be harder to find a race/culture that has not had dreadlocks than one that does, so how can you culturally appropriate something universal?
artnada21st Feb

"some followers on the platform suggested the picture was offensive to …"some followers on the platform suggested the picture was offensive to black people"Probably white, middle class people, from Tunbridge Wells, being annoyed on behalf of black people.

More likely to come from manors like Islington and Battersea but so very true
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants