Groups

what a disgrace

3.5 month Baby dies after 'dog attack'

Link in post #1

26 Comments

Awful situation. My heart goes out to the baby's family, they must be suffering so painfully.

I hope this incident doesn't bring on another one of those "dogs are evil" kind of arguments without all the facts being available.

What a terrible tragedy.

Original Poster

Dogs are only as evil as they are trained to be,

Oh that's so sad, it's about 30 miles away from me as I am in south wales

Thats just down the road from me - very sad story, never like staffs around children but won't judge until full details have been released.

macdoona;4312202

Dogs are only as evil as they are trained to be,

:thumbsup:

I don't really want to hear about this sort of stuff it just puts me down it's very sad.

Marky264;4312339

I don't really want to hear about this sort of stuff it just puts me down … I don't really want to hear about this sort of stuff it just puts me down it's very sad.

I agree.

This is a web site for deals, not a web site to tell us yet again of all the terrible things that happen in the world.

If I want to find out the news I can go to the BBC web site.

I already get the news rammed down my throat on TV, the radio, the internet and newspapers.

I dont see why I should have it on Hot UK Deals as well.

This is the MISC section, If you only want deals, stick to that part of the site.

Sad story.

guilbert53;4312365

I agree. This is a web site for deals, not a web site to tell us yet … I agree. This is a web site for deals, not a web site to tell us yet again of all the terrible things that happen in the world.If I want to find out the news I can go to the BBC web site.I already get the news rammed down my throat on TV, the radio, the internet and newspapers.I dont see why I should have it on Hot UK Deals as well.

stay out of misc then

ChipSticks;4312399

This is the MISC section, If you only want deals, stick to that part of … This is the MISC section, If you only want deals, stick to that part of the site.Sad story.

I know but if we have threads about serial killer rapists for example that wouldn't be very appropriate for the site and neither does this I think. I know its misc and i'm more than happy to read the laughs and random info from anyone but reading about something like on here I don't thinks very appropriate. There is so many casualties going on everywhere around the world and this is just one of them, How do you think the family feels about this hitting the press? Embarrassed, Upset and mortified. They would just want to be left in peace rather then having this brought up even on a website where you find the best and cheapest deals for buying items. I'm just saying it's not very appropriate.

Don't agree that this is a shame................

shame is just too mild a term IMO, no offence to OP, clearly very concerned.

I would call it a disgrace. This is nothing short of neglect. I would never leave any dog alone with a baby / toddler.

We don't know all the facts yet but the bare facts are that the dogs attacked the child. These things can, and should be prevented.

I totally agree. As an ex dog breeder I have the gratest respect for dogs but they are still, at heart a wild animal. Would you leave a wolf or even a fox alone with a very small child??

wendyak;4312558

I totally agree. As an ex dog breeder I have the gratest respect for dogs … I totally agree. As an ex dog breeder I have the gratest respect for dogs but they are still, at heart a wild animal. Would you leave a wolf or even a fox alone with a very small child??

I absolutely agree to the above comment!

Dogs are animals and like any other animal they are unpredictable, and no matter how well trained!

I wish people who whinge about finding stories uncomfortable as such - simply just stick to the deals section and stay out of misc... :whistling:

I forgot to add my sympathies to the family in question!

guilbert53;4312365

I already get the news rammed down my throat on TV, the radio, the … I already get the news rammed down my throat on TV, the radio, the internet and newspapers.

What a dweebie thing to say! Have you ever considered changing station, channel, webpage or not looking at the paper? :whistling:

PS: Why would any parent allow this to happen? I'm sure they're devastated, but it's a simple equation that dogs do occasionally attack children, keep them apart!

Trickyjabs;4313224

What a dweebie thing to say! Have you ever considered changing station, … What a dweebie thing to say! Have you ever considered changing station, channel, webpage or not looking at the paper? :whistling:

agree, this is a misc section after all

WOOF.Bad doggie. Poor babbie.

Original Poster

iglimpse;4312463

Don't agree that this is a shame................shame is just too mild a … Don't agree that this is a shame................shame is just too mild a term IMO, no offence to OP, clearly very concerned. I would call it a disgrace. This is nothing short of neglect. I would never leave any dog alone with a baby / toddler. We don't know all the facts yet but the bare facts are that the dogs attacked the child. These things can, and should be prevented.

I agree with you that it is a huge disgrace.
    I was attacked by a dog when I was 2 and still have the scars, thankfully I am still here.
    I refuse to have a dog because of this. I have 5 kids and would hate for anyhting to happen to them.

Original Poster

guilbert53;4312365

I agree. This is a web site for deals, not a web site to tell us yet … I agree. This is a web site for deals, not a web site to tell us yet again of all the terrible things that happen in the world.If I want to find out the news I can go to the BBC web site.I already get the news rammed down my throat on TV, the radio, the internet and newspapers.I dont see why I should have it on Hot UK Deals as well.

Misc is just that for miscellaneous talk, deals are in a separate section of the site

macdoona;4314807

Misc is just that for miscellaneous talk, deals are in a separate section … Misc is just that for miscellaneous talk, deals are in a separate section of the site

Except when you want to look at everything but misc.
    Most of the stuff posted here doesnt belong on a consumer site, even in the misc section.

But still. Its sad to hear such a young baby dying because of 'mans best friend'.

Grrrrrrrrr, when are people going to learn, dogs and small children don't mix:x

so sad

my daughter is only 1 month older then this baby was........
    I have a jack russell and no matter how good she is with my bubbs i wouldnt leave her alone with my baby

brangelina;4315889

Grrrrrrrrr, when are people going to learn, dogs and small children don't … Grrrrrrrrr, when are people going to learn, dogs and small children don't mix:x

you cant say that, you dont know all the facts im not saying i would leave my baby alone with my doggy but they play well together and my dog plays with my nieces and newphews and is really well behaved

ALL dogs should be banned. Animals should not really live within the same home as humans. It's not natural.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927367
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2344
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133
      4. Spotify Family Premium share718

See more discussions