What a great game - Liverpool V City

Found 14th Jan
City now 15 points clear but have big games to play and the chase for the top four now looks to be between Liverpool, United, Spurs and Chelsea. I can’t see Arsenal breaking into champions league now especially if they lose Sanchez or Ozil. I would’ve settled for a draw today against City with the form they are in but Liverpool are unbeaten at Anfield since April and City unbeaten all season home and away. Best game of the season?
Community Updates
Misc
26 Comments
Yes definitely the best game this season, What a game that was, Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool comes a close 2nd. Some amazing games this season. liverpool played better without Coutinho lol
Agree and I was delighted with Andy Robertson’s performance
Bandicoot6 m ago

Agree and I was delighted with Andy Robertson’s performance

Quality player, pace, strength, can attack and is difficult to get past, he had Sterling in his pocket. Looking forward to seeing more of him
jayonline853 h, 3 m ago

Quality player, pace, strength, can attack and is difficult to get past, …Quality player, pace, strength, can attack and is difficult to get past, he had Sterling in his pocket. Looking forward to seeing more of him

Only cost 8 million too
Not a great game at all.

My best mate is an Arsenal fan in denial. He's only claim to fame is the Arsenal Unbeatables.

We go around in circles when I tell him it's possible to draw every game and get relegated. He just says 'that's impossible'.
They'll probably get hammered by Swansea next week!.
We're finished
Brilliant game, brilliant atmosphere at Anfield. Really was a nail biter towards the end when City played some brilliant football. Wont win us the title but shows how good we can be
33064371-VJXhr.jpg
Enjoyed the game.

Good show from Liverpool, but they're still too erratic; lots of work before they get to where Klopp wants them.

City are playing well, but still room for improvement, haven't seen the best of them yet.
If Pep can keep them on track they may well go on to great things at the highest level.
The biggest danger is always that point where the players think they've arrived - everything goes pear-shaped when that happens.

Takes a great man-manager to keep a team on track, and both Pep and Klopp look like two of the best.
Next season........

Yawn!!!

EDIT - Great game though
Edited by: "Towelie" 15th Jan
OllieSt15 h, 58 m ago

Not a great game at all. My best mate is an Arsenal fan in denial. He's …Not a great game at all. My best mate is an Arsenal fan in denial. He's only claim to fame is the Arsenal Unbeatables.We go around in circles when I tell him it's possible to draw every game and get relegated. He just says 'that's impossible'.

Shouldn't really be any discussion if he can multiply 38 by 1

relegated - 38 games: 42 points, West Ham United (2002–03)
I’m a blue and we gifted the goals ,it was very un city like performance fact is

Silva doesn’t play and we struggle abit
Edited by: "ashmac" 15th Jan
chocci4 h, 3 m ago

Shouldn't really be any discussion if he can multiply 38 by 1 relegated …Shouldn't really be any discussion if he can multiply 38 by 1 relegated - 38 games: 42 points, West Ham United (2002–03)

You have to understand that I'm dealing with Arsenal are the best team in London here.
OllieSt39 s ago

You have to understand that I'm dealing with Arsenal are the best team in …You have to understand that I'm dealing with Arsenal are the best team in London here.

Makes sense now lol
ashmac2 h, 38 m ago

I’m a blue and we gifted the goals ,it was very un city like performance f …I’m a blue and we gifted the goals ,it was very un city like performance fact is Silva doesn’t play and we struggle abit

Yeah that was very unlike City to do that but Liverpool does play high pressure which is what caused City to panic and lose the ball. City’s style of playing deep from the back suits Liverpool’s high pressure, need the fitness to keep that up though, teams will be looking at that game now to replicate it but that’s how Liverpool like to play almost every game
I hoped for one of the games of the season.
First half was less than I'd hoped for but it was relentless in the second half.
Liverpool also played well when Coutinho was last injured so it's not a disaster but Mané need to up his game as he's too erratic.
Plenty of potentially good games between the top 6 and the Arsenal v ManU game was a cracker as well.
.MUFC.14th Jan

They'll probably get hammered by Swansea next week!.

Close enough lol.
Yeah typical Liverpool lastnight =(
ashmac15th Jan

I’m a blue and we gifted the goals ,it was very un city like performance f …I’m a blue and we gifted the goals ,it was very un city like performance fact is Silva doesn’t play and we struggle abit

all forced errors also it was actually lfc that gifted goals.
Snakeyes6462 h, 17 m ago

all forced errors also it was actually lfc that gifted goals.

I don’t know what’s worse, beating City last week with that performance then get beat by Swansea or the fact that we aren’t surprised
jayonline8513 m ago

I don’t know what’s worse, beating City last week with that performance the …I don’t know what’s worse, beating City last week with that performance then get beat by Swansea or the fact that we aren’t surprised

I always expect to beat the top 10 teams but any team lower we just switch off, even klopp apologised! Gonna be tricky against town as the crowd get right behind the team, stadium is small but holds the atmosphere very well.
33120423-GNcgR.jpg
mwahahaha.. Liverpool lose and still have a great gameweek thanks
to Bournemouth, Spurs and Swansea

Liverpool will be 2nd end of the season. You heard it first here
shabbird3 m ago

mwahahaha.. Liverpool lose and still have a great gameweek thanks to …mwahahaha.. Liverpool lose and still have a great gameweek thanks to Bournemouth, Spurs and Swansea Liverpool will be 2nd end of the season. You heard it first here

33175945-p4MGi.jpg
shabbird26 m ago

mwahahaha.. Liverpool lose and still have a great gameweek thanks to …mwahahaha.. Liverpool lose and still have a great gameweek thanks to Bournemouth, Spurs and Swansea Liverpool will be 2nd end of the season. You heard it first here

Want a little bet again ;).

Another note, we were dogpoo tonight, didn't turn up.
.MUFC.6 m ago

Want a little bet again ;).Another note, we were dogpoo tonight, didn't …Want a little bet again ;).Another note, we were dogpoo tonight, didn't turn up.

lol after the Swansea result, I'm not losing any more money.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions