What a lovely thing to do

Expert (Beta) 12
Posted 13th Jan
Saw this in the Metro and thought what a lovely thing to do.

I wonder if it’s a fellow HUKD’er

google.co.uk/amp…mp/

3387486-yvasO.jpg

She purchased 28 baby outfits to donate to other babies born prematurely into the neonatal unit.

And it was a bargain too as Leane only forked out £36 for the lot, which included 140 baby grows
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
If it was a HUKDer they would be on eBay for a tenner each
12 Comments
Dr-Rjinswand13/01/2020 12:12

Hmm possibly so. But may not. Sounds like a savvy shopper so could well use this site
Wow!!! Very nice thing to do
Dr-Rjinswand13/01/2020 12:12

And donated the profits?
Oh my, its articles like these that put a smile on my face, not all that fear mongering rubbish that is the norm of most newspapers!
johndewinton060413/01/2020 13:05

Oh my, its articles like these that put a smile on my face, not all that …Oh my, its articles like these that put a smile on my face, not all that fear mongering rubbish that is the norm of most newspapers!

Yeah it’s nice to read good news for a change.
myusernamehasgone23413/01/2020 13:06

Yeah it’s nice to read good news for a change.

Except for the 2000 people out of work who could have done with people buying this stuff at RRP....
frakison13/01/2020 13:15

Except for the 2000 people out of work who could have done with people …Except for the 2000 people out of work who could have done with people buying this stuff at RRP....

Yeah its terrible that lots of people are out of work and that must be difficult for them and their families.

I just though it was kind of that individual to donate so much to such a good cause.
myusernamehasgone23413/01/2020 13:18

Yeah its terrible that lots of people are out of work and that must be …Yeah its terrible that lots of people are out of work and that must be difficult for them and their families.I just though it was kind of that individual to donate so much to such a good cause.

I agree... not so keen on the self promotion though, to me it cheapens the thought as it screams "look at meee", a bit like someone posting a selfie of them giving a homeless person a sandwich.
frakison13/01/2020 13:23

I agree... not so keen on the self promotion though, to me it cheapens the …I agree... not so keen on the self promotion though, to me it cheapens the thought as it screams "look at meee", a bit like someone posting a selfie of them giving a homeless person a sandwich.

Yes I must admit if prefer if people just do the good deed rather than brag about it on the likes of Facebook an so on which you do see a fair bit.

39665167-asfFo.jpg
myusernamehasgone23413/01/2020 13:27

Yes I must admit if prefer if people just do the good deed rather than …Yes I must admit if prefer if people just do the good deed rather than brag about it on the likes of Facebook an so on which you do see a fair bit.[Image]

The way I see it, if they do something good for selfish reasons - that doesn't cancel the good deed and the result.

I've heard a lot of people giving all these celebs s*** because they've publicised their donations for the aussie fires. If them posting a picture on Instagram bragging is the cost of them giving $1 million for a good cause, then whats wrong with that? I wish they would all do it, everybody wins.
Dr-Rjinswand13/01/2020 13:32

The way I see it, if they do something good for selfish reasons - that …The way I see it, if they do something good for selfish reasons - that doesn't cancel the good deed and the result. I've heard a lot of people giving all these celebs s*** because they've publicised their donations for the aussie fires. If them posting a picture on Instagram bragging is the cost of them giving $1 million for a good cause, then whats wrong with that? I wish they would all do it, everybody wins.

No I wasn’t implying it did cancel the good deed in anyway.

I just think it’s extra nice when people do good for doing goods sake rather than making themselves look good from it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions