What a rip off local main car dealership

Found 19th Dec 2017
Hi, i own a ford focus and i purchased it from ford, its service was due recently and i allowed ford to do the service, some new tyres and a battery, not to bad i thought, when i went to pick up the car i noticed on the way home the radio was displaying "code" i rang ford once i arived home but the person i spoke to said there was a fee of £25 for the code. I was fuming, the radio was working perfect before i took it to them, has anyone else had this issue with main dealershps trying to rob us?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
WHy did you pay for one instead of taking it back and demanding they sort it... for free?!
Edited by: "benjammin316" 19th Dec 2017
19 Comments
Most Facebook (car) groups have people willing to give the code for free, I'm still a member of the Mondeo one, also the Freelander one and there's no end of people willing to give the info out free ...
WHy did you pay for one instead of taking it back and demanding they sort it... for free?!
Edited by: "benjammin316" 19th Dec 2017
If you remove the battery you lose the radio code. They should of used a code saver or re entered the code for you. They do charge if you lose the code but definetly shouldnt as they lost the code. I hve a garage and know some of the boys in ford they usually give me the code free if i lose it for whatever reason on a customers car
They would fix it for you. Did you ask them?
123batman3216 m ago

If you remove the battery you lose the radio code. They should of used a …If you remove the battery you lose the radio code. They should of used a code saver or re entered the code for you. They do charge if you lose the code but definetly shouldnt as they lost the code. I hve a garage and know some of the boys in ford they usually give me the code free if i lose it for whatever reason on a customers car

as batman correctly states, removing the battery removes the code. nothing Ford did was wrong and they were right to try and charge.
adamspencer956 m ago

as batman correctly states, removing the battery removes the code. nothing …as batman correctly states, removing the battery removes the code. nothing Ford did was wrong and they were right to try and charge.

Absolute rubbish - Ford would not charge

Also, is this self promo from your link in the OP?
Edited by: "tregs" 19th Dec 2017
tregs4 m ago

Absolute rubbish - Ford would not charge

of course they can so will

the OP lost the code - why should Ford provide a replacement free of charge? no other main dealer does.
adamspencer952 m ago

of course they can so willthe OP lost the code - why should Ford provide a …of course they can so willthe OP lost the code - why should Ford provide a replacement free of charge? no other main dealer does.

They do!!!
Also, It's self promo - look at the Op's link
adamspencer958 m ago

as batman correctly states, removing the battery removes the code. nothing …as batman correctly states, removing the battery removes the code. nothing Ford did was wrong and they were right to try and charge.

I don't think you read all of Batman's quote

"They do charge if you lose the code but definetly shouldnt as they lost the code."
MR11231 m ago

I don't think you read all of Batman's quote"They do charge if you lose …I don't think you read all of Batman's quote"They do charge if you lose the code but definetly shouldnt as they lost the code."

the radio is 'coded' to the car

taking the battery out removes this code

the code was provided in the handbook for the car when new so that the owner can recode the radio whenever the battery is changed

clearly OP lost this code, hence why Ford wanted to charge for a replacement. i.e. like every other main dealer
adamspencer958 m ago

the radio is 'coded' to the car taking the battery out removes this …the radio is 'coded' to the car taking the battery out removes this codethe code was provided in the handbook for the car when new so that the owner can recode the radio whenever the battery is changedclearly OP lost this code, hence why Ford wanted to charge for a replacement. i.e. like every other main dealer

I see
freequote27 m ago

They said that the code was supplied with the car and because i lost it …They said that the code was supplied with the car and because i lost it then it was my fault.Virgil did you mean Facebook pages like this Removed link This is exactly where i got the code from virgil no one was offering for free

Pathetic self promo
deleted793389
I'm glad some people can see that this is just a spam post
adamspencer951 h, 37 m ago

the radio is 'coded' to the car taking the battery out removes this …the radio is 'coded' to the car taking the battery out removes this codethe code was provided in the handbook for the car when new so that the owner can recode the radio whenever the battery is changedclearly OP lost this code, hence why Ford wanted to charge for a replacement. i.e. like every other main dealer

To be fair if you are lucky it’s written on paper in the handbook it’s not printed anywhere and the books are generic.
Don't think new cars have codes now, I think some have to be programmed to car via diagnostics.
.MUFC.10 m ago

Don't think new cars have codes now, I think some have to be programmed to …Don't think new cars have codes now, I think some have to be programmed to car via diagnostics.

even my 15 year old peugeot is coded to the car, disconnect the battery and reconnect the radio still works, try putting the radio into another car though and it wont.
adamspencer952 h, 51 m ago

I was saying they should fix it not that they shouldnt. They should of used a code saver simple as that its a mistake on the mechanics part should of been rectified long before the customer ever knew about it
Have you looked through your car hand book for the code? It’s usually on a small credit card size card. But like others have said Ford should really have spoken to you about the radio situation rather than them not telling you at all. Radios do not have any memory in them once battery is disconnected. But it is an easy fix by looking through your car handbook for the code.

Failing that take it back to the garage and tell them to fix it at no cost to you.
Buy a BMW and get a coffee, cake and newspaper while you wait. The car works perfect and gets a valet too.
I am sure those BMW haters will knock this level of service.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants