Groups

What acoustic guitar strings do you use - if you play one:)?

I am fed up with Martin's and Earthwood strings as they always sound odd on my Fender 12 string and Ovation 6 string. I decided to try Elixir Strings and they seem brilliant for now.

What do you use, as I might try them next time?

14 Comments

Ooh.

***Complete guitar noob alert***

I didn't know the strings you used made any difference. lol

OH bought a Yamaha 310 a few weeks ago, just uses the strings that came with it, will have to keep in mind that the strings you buy matter.

[COLOR="Blue"]woah, pics of the 12 string please :-D

ive never had to restring my acoustic before but i used Ernie Ball on my electric there very nice[/COLOR]

Elixir = THE BEST :thumbsup:

as i'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to guitar strings, which gauge strings should i be getting for an acoustic guitar?

Original Poster

Smeagol [COLOR=blue]woah, pics of the 12 string please :-D[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]ive never had to restring my acoustic before but i used Ernie Ball on my electric there very nice[/COLOR]

Original Poster

souljacker;6242008

as i'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to guitar strings, which gauge … as i'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to guitar strings, which gauge strings should i be getting for an acoustic guitar?

Though some will disagree, I'd recommend a light gauge string (around 12 gauge) as the thicker ones will hurt your fingers and harder to wind on the guitar.

I've just started playing again, sore finger stage :cry:

Predikuesi;6242015

Here you goI used to have a 12 string Yamaha until I dropped it and could … Here you goI used to have a 12 string Yamaha until I dropped it and could not get it to stay in tune. Bought this one about three years ago, but don't like it as much as my previous one which I had for over 15 years.

[COLOR="Blue"]woah nice, is that a dent near the bottom lol? how that happen[/COLOR]

Banned

my daughter just got a guitar and says her fingers hurt like hell

Banned

Don't know OP metal ones for the first 4, then plastic ones for the last 2

Sassie...girls can't play guitar

sassie;6244293

my daughter just got a guitar and says her fingers hurt like hell

[COLOR="Blue"]they will burn for a few months but it gets better [/COLOR]

Banned

lumoruk;6244301

Don't know OP metal ones for the first 4, then plastic ones for the last … Don't know OP metal ones for the first 4, then plastic ones for the last 2Sassie...girls can't play guitar

well im starting to think that - lol

Smeagol [COLOR="Blue"]they will burn for a few months but it gets better [/COLOR]

Original Poster

Smeagol [COLOR=blue]woah nice, is that a dent near the bottom lol? how that happen[/COLOR]

Original Poster

lumoruk;6244301

metal ones for the first 4, then plastic ones for the last 2

I would not recommend this as the tension on one side of the neck might warp it. Just buy extra light strings.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions