What action should I take?

Found 29th Dec 2017
I purchased a limited edition Battlefront 2 PlayStation Pro and what arrived was a glacier white PS4 pro someone inside the warehouse obviously swapped the inside box because the barcode on the outer sleeve and inner box are different.

To add injury to insult I paid £299 from Game and received this yesterday when there was a 20% off eBay voucher so everybody were buying Pro's for £239 and my money was tied up with this so I couldn't simply buy another £239 PS4 Pro and return this back for a refund and call it quits.

My question is what can I do to get the most back? I'll keep it if I'm compensated but just to get a full refund for the hassle of waiting 5-10 working days for my own money to be paid back along with wasting my time repacking to send this item back seems a bit raw, it's like I've loaned them money without permission which I can't get back for up to 2 weeks later.

How would you guys proceed? how would you get something more out of this? or what would you do to get the maximum back?

2867292.jpg2867292.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Is the only issue that its white? Did you get everything else you were meant to get?
Contact the seller
Insist that they delivery the correct item - the one you ordered. I assume that it is still in production?
@DookieWookie

"...How would you guys proceed? how would you get something more out of this? or what would you do to get the maximum back?"

Why do you think you are entitled to anything other than an exchange?

"...it's like I've loaned them money without permission which I can't get back for up to 2 weeks later..."

How did you pay for the item? By credit card, debit card, vouchers/reward points, cash, or another method?

Yes, it's a nuisance. Yes, it's meant you cannot use what you have paid for until the correct item has been delivered, but why are you looking for compensation for a couple of days of inconvenience?

If it was imperative that you had that exact specification of console at a particular date, you could have collected it in person in-store & inspected the contents before paying.

Just contact the Customer Services team, & arrange for collection/re-delivery.
fanpages3 h, 25 m ago

@DookieWookie "...How would you guys proceed? how would you get something …@DookieWookie "...How would you guys proceed? how would you get something more out of this? or what would you do to get the maximum back?"Why do you think you are entitled to anything other than an exchange?"...it's like I've loaned them money without permission which I can't get back for up to 2 weeks later..."How did you pay for the item? By credit card, debit card, vouchers/reward points, cash, or another method?Yes, it's a nuisance. Yes, it's meant you cannot use what you have paid for until the correct item has been delivered, but why are you looking for compensation for a couple of days of inconvenience?If it was imperative that you had that exact specification of console at a particular date, you could have collected it in person in-store & inspected the contents before paying.Just contact the Customer Services team, & arrange for collection/re-delivery.

No I couldn't collect it in store as it's a limited edition version, this means the console and DS4 casing are different to the standard black and white versions and when have you ever went into Argos, Tesco's or Asda and inspected the contents of a brand new item which looks like what you've ordered on the box? Go to Argos and you will not see one customer check the contents of the item they've purchased.
----------

Thanks for all the comments, but I guess this is why I managed to get credit put onto my account after talking to Game because was a monetary value to me being inconvenienced, they'll also replace and resend the actual limited edition which I ordered.

And for the record it's a limited edition designed PS4 Pro which has etching and drawing on the console and DS4 casings and not a standard black or white PS4 Pro.
DookieWookie1 h, 38 m ago

No I couldn't collect it in store as it's a limited edition version, this …No I couldn't collect it in store as it's a limited edition version, this means the console and DS4 casing are different to the standard black and white versions and when have you ever went into Argos, Tesco's or Asda and inspected the contents of a brand new item which looks like what you've ordered on the box? Go to Argos and you will not see one customer check the contents of the item they've purchased...

When I bought the similar Limited Edition PlayStation 4 (non-Pro) Star Wars console last December.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants