What age might fit in a womens 6-8 size outfit?

Hi, been trying to find something penguin related for my penguin-loving daughter, and stumbled across a penguin onesie, however they are all adults sizes with the smallest being 6-8. Honestly I'm at a complete loss when it comes to women's sizes, so would a 6-8 sized outfit fit a decent sized almost teenager? Or would it be ridiculously too big?

My daughter normally wears clothes about an 12-13 years age size thing. Any help gratefully received.

6 Comments

My daughter wears 6-8 and she is aged 12..hope that helps..:-)

I would think it might just fit if she's in 12-13 clothes. Although the legs and arms might be a tiny but to long but it certainly wouldn't be long till it fit her perfectly. My 18 yr old daughter would wear a size 8 sometimes 10 and I buy her age 14 kids clothes from newlook, if that's any help

Original Poster

Thank you Mully and Rachy, I think if i'm in the right ballpark she'll love it. thanks.

I'm a 6-8 and 12-13 is about equivalent

Everyone is different, my wife is a size 8-10 in most things, a 12 in a few, yet her ski jacket and trousers are an "age 13".

If it is too long in the body or legs, just make a fold and tack it with thread until she grows and it needs letting out. For the body, you can get a belt to hide the tack, for the legs around the knee or ankle would probably be best.

Kylie Minogue is that size. Might give you a guide on size.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)67
    2. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy34
    3. Any eBay final value fee promos?11
    4. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2342

See more discussions