Groups

What alternatives to an ipod nano

Ok my duaghter wants an mp3 player that will play videos.

She has bought in to the ipod fashion police and seems fixed on that.

Yet I am sure there are better or just as good players around that do a similair job and will also save me some money

Am I right or are the ipods the best.

I've looked at a creative zen xfi which seems to be good and its £30 to £40 cheaper.

Anyone got one of these or can offer me some advice on what I can get my 11 year old that will keep her happy without following the apple herd

7 Comments

Sony,,Better sound ,longer battery,No need for sodtware,
    amazon.co.uk/Son…403

tonyg1962;7000988

Sony,,Better sound ,longer battery,No need for … Sony,,Better sound ,longer battery,No need for sodtware,http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZE445R-Walkman-Recording-Function/dp/B002IKKFZU/ref=br_lf_m_1000359403_1_3_ttl/278-6864798-1938509?_encoding=UTF8&s=electronics&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1ZS1SD789VHVTTD478VT&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=475143413&pf_rd_i=1000359403

I 2nd that!

i suggest give in and follow the apple herd

In all honesty, you cannot get much better than the iPod Nano right now, unless you're looking into getting a phone, or an iPod Touch. I had a good play with the latest Nano, and it now has a built in camera that takes really nice video. It really has evolved into quite a decent gadget from being just a standard music player.

While I would recommend Creative in the past, they haven't released anything worth getting right now, and the Zen xfi series has been a disappointment. They have the ZiiEgg series which will probably get cheaper eventually and might be worth looking into/waiting for, but I think as a gift, you can't go wrong with the newer iPod Nanos!

Banned

Just buy an iPod

they are the dogs danglies

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;7001195

I wasn't keen on buying an iPod, after trawling through pages of reviews … I wasn't keen on buying an iPod, after trawling through pages of reviews about mp3 players I nearly bought the Sony player (as above) from Argos.Then I spotted a £30 off discount code for Additions Direct, managed to get the latest iPod Nano for £85. Have to say it was the latest extras that swayed me to buying it, the video camera being the main one, oh and not forgetting the choice of pretty colours too:-D

some great advice there I'll have a search for that £30 voucher unless you want to point me in the right direction

I'll check the sony out too

thanks guys keep it coming

Banned

starsparkle2311;7001195

I wasn't keen on buying an iPod, after trawling through pages of reviews … I wasn't keen on buying an iPod, after trawling through pages of reviews about mp3 players I nearly bought the Sony player (as above) from Argos.Then I spotted a £30 off discount code for Additions Direct, managed to get the latest iPod Nano for £85. Have to say it was the latest extras that swayed me to buying it, the video camera being the main one, oh and not forgetting the choice of pretty colours too:-D

great - but what you going to do when Additions come a-knockin for their 30 quid back!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553817
      2. Feels weird!915
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7321390
      4. What a bunch of brassed necked barstewards22

See more discussions