Groups

What an amazing furniture company

I dont know if you are aware of this, but there is an amazing furniture company that advertises its wares on TV. I think that they are wonderful, because unlike other companies they only have sales once a week, 52 weeks per year. I really don't understand how they can produce items at this quality level and cost. 50% off is cheap at half the price Id say.
    After some research I have found that they aim at being environmentally friendly as possible, thus they are determined never to endanger forests around the world, but fill the unseen areas of their products with reconstituted sawdust. Also, they promise to continue to use actors worthy of their obvious skills. It is highly likely that they own shares in pharmaceutical companies, so if you reach for the aspirin when you hear their well chosen songs, all the better.
    The guarantee offered is sure to tempt the discerning buyer, for they promise, if you furniture fails within twelve months, they will replace it with a product of equal quality. What more could you ask for? As you shell out your hard earned case, remember that the furniture you are buying is perceived to endure at least one bounce from your pet hamster.

PS. I have purposely refrained from using any company's name, just in case they are offended at this estimation of their products.

28 Comments

We have a company in northampton called Sofa King.

They got in trouble with trading standards for their advertising slogans.

D...efinately S...omething F...ishy going on then

is it deep fried sofas??

would they be an anagram of FSD or SSC ?

Original Poster

holly100;2261831

D...efinately S...omething F...ishy going on then

Well done! I wasn't clever enough to think up something like that.:-D

i got my sofas from 'ahem' ssc, 13 weeks(!!!!) for delivery!!!

i got my sofa from just such a company!...wow it was good value considering it should have been £1200!!

how many people bought from there and underestimated the size of lounge, so on delivery they hd to have windows taken out -

sofa king useless???

skusey;2261974

sofa king useless???

:-D

http://www.thesofaking.co.uk/images/outsideshop_small.jpg

holly100;2261962

how many people bought from there and underestimated the size of lounge, … how many people bought from there and underestimated the size of lounge, so on delivery they hd to have windows taken out -

hahaha we had to take our doors off the hinges!

Predi. : Did you tell us what stain you went for on the coffee table?

^^ now I see why they got in trouble with trading standards for their advertising slogans

Original Poster

emasu;2262003

What a totally meaningless statement! Is this the one they were done for?

Original Poster

chesso;2262033

Predi. : Did you tell us what stain you went for on the coffee table?

Started off light, but it did not look to great. It is now a mid-mahogany colour. The stain was Peruvian Mahogany with Light Oak varnish to highlight the grain.

Predikuesi;2262066

Started off light, but it did not look to great. It is now a mid-mahogany … Started off light, but it did not look to great. It is now a mid-mahogany colour. The stain was Peruvian Mahogany with Light Oak varnish to highlight the grain.

Sounds good - post a pic when you've got the time. ( I'm quite surprised that it didn't look great light!)

emasu;2262003

I can't see what the slogans say - not much wrong (legally) with 'Sofa King low' I assume - were they done just for being embarrassing?

Original Poster

chesso;2262166

Sounds good - post a pic when you've got the time. ( I'm quite surprised … Sounds good - post a pic when you've got the time. ( I'm quite surprised that it didn't look great light!)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-3/1301168/Image001(WinCE).jpg

chesso;2262191

I can't see what the slogans say - not much wrong (legally) with 'Sofa … I can't see what the slogans say - not much wrong (legally) with 'Sofa King low' I assume - were they done just for being embarrassing?

seriously, you don't get it ? change the a in sofa to a u and then say it (best not out loud :thumbsup:)

Dear Furniture Store :thumbsup:

Predikuesi;2262288

Thanks - excellent like that and it seems to fit in with the rest of the furniture better than light might. I am very impressed.
    Have you got another project under-way yet?

I remember loooking last year in one DFSCS store and the salesman slagging off Land of Plastic (his words) next shop down.

J9STL;2262363

seriously, you don't get it ? change the a in sofa to a u and then say it … seriously, you don't get it ? change the a in sofa to a u and then say it (best not out loud :thumbsup:)

No. I didn't get it AND I had to follow your instructions out loud to get it then !!:oops:
    Any way, what's the point of that when the most likely potential purchasers won't even get it??

Original Poster

chesso;2262387

Thanks - excellent like that and it seems to fit in with the rest of the … Thanks - excellent like that and it seems to fit in with the rest of the furniture better than light might. I am very impressed. Have you got another project under-way yet?

I am going to make two lamp tables for beside the sofa (not a DFS one) in the same style but if only one drawer. I suppose they'll be about a 16 inch square.

Predikuesi;2262425

I am going to make two lamp tables for beside the sofa (not a DFS one) in … I am going to make two lamp tables for beside the sofa (not a DFS one) in the same style but if only one drawer. I suppose they'll be about a 16 inch square.

Sounds good. I wouldn't bother with the lamps though - they get in the way of the wine glasses!!

Original Poster

chesso;2262468

Sounds good. I wouldn't bother with the lamps though - they get in the … Sounds good. I wouldn't bother with the lamps though - they get in the way of the wine glasses!!

LOL. It'll have to be room for the coffee cups for me! Seriously though, I can't stand bright lights, so have table lamps dotted around. I only realised a few weeks ago that we had the same light bulbs in the ceiling lights for the past twenty years! We hardly turn them on.

holly100;2261962

how many people bought from there and underestimated the size of lounge, … how many people bought from there and underestimated the size of lounge, so on delivery they hd to have windows taken out -

mine was so big it came in parts anyway lol. the men assembled once it got here

bellabonkers;2263127

mine was so big it came in parts anyway lol. the men assembled once it … mine was so big it came in parts anyway lol. the men assembled once it got here

Luxury.

We 'ad to make us own furniture wi' a rusty hacksaw blade, a blunt screwdriver an' a bent pin.

But we was proud of it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2487
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1117
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?917

See more discussions