Groups

What analog tool will you never swap for the digital alternative?

Just seen this topic on lifehacker, pen was a popular option.

Any suggestions?

26 Comments

Original Poster

Post it notes for me I think, any app just doesn't cut the mustard

My ding-a-ling. I'd be happy on a Star Trek style holodeck for a bit of nookie though.

My watch

Watch

My body

Nothing, in terms of stuff. Data is the future!

Pen & notepad

cd player, i like having something physical, what happens if your computer breaks and all your downloaded albums are on it ?, are you going to remeber all the albums you've paid for and downloaded, big con i think
    Edited by: "waycash" 3rd Feb 2011

waycash

cd player, i like having something physical, what happens if your … cd player, i like having something physical, what happens if your computer breaks and all your downloaded albums are on it ?, are you going to remeber all the albums you've paid for and downloaded, big con i think

That's why you should backup data

My hammer

my FM radio for DAB !

mr.potato_head

That's why you should backup data

i do back up data but it's not the same as having something physical in your hand

Couple of months ago I would of said a book, but after using the e-ink screen on the Kindle.. I can't see myself reading another paperback again.

So mine would be woman, I really don't fancy having a digital lady

Cash

steering wheel

waycash

i do back up data but it's not the same as having something physical in … i do back up data but it's not the same as having something physical in your hand

Maybe, but what if your house burns down or you are burgled :-p

Those of us with our data stored in the cloud always have a backup ready :-D

PhearFactor

So mine would be woman, I really don't fancy having a digital lady

What about the Star Trek Holodeck type digital women where it is just like reality. Imagine being able to nail any woman in the world you like or creating your ideal woman - she will be programmed to meet all your needs and desires and will never say no

If I may be pedantic, analogue is not the opposite of digital, so pretty much everything in this thread is wrong. And what Waycash said just makes me want to cry. CDs are digital, spaz...

anewman

What about the Star Trek Holodeck type digital women *snip*

http://godardsletterboxes.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/ishka.jpg

oO

dxx

If I may be pedantic, analogue is not the opposite of digital, so pretty … If I may be pedantic, analogue is not the opposite of digital, so pretty much everything in this thread is wrong. And what Waycash said just makes me want to cry. CDs are digital, spaz...

so what are the government banging on about switching analogue radio off in 20something for digital radio, same goes for analogue tv for digital tv ?
    Edited by: "richp" 3rd Feb 2011

Original Poster

No one said opposite? A 'digital' steering wheel (xbox pad? :)) is different from a traditional one, not necessarily opposite

But yea, a cd is digital
    Edited by: "sancho1983" 3rd Feb 2011

My watches!

Banned

a knife

My sundial.

dxx

If I may be pedantic, analogue is not the opposite of digital, so pretty … If I may be pedantic, analogue is not the opposite of digital, so pretty much everything in this thread is wrong.

No one said opposite, the question was digital alternative.

dxx never reads though..... just trolls.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. No claims discount proof - Help needed12
      2. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid22
      3. SCS add ons... are they worth it??59
      4. Feels weird!22

See more discussions