Expired

What android device recommend for kodi

Found 10th Jun 2015
As above looking for advice what android device is best to use with kodi? Raspberry pi or tablet with HDMI output?
Community Updates
AskAndroidKodi
19 Comments
Sorry for typo in tittle should be 'recommended'
you do know that a raspberry pi isn't Android don't you?
of personally I use the raspberry Pi2 with Kodi I also have it installed on my tablet but that's a bit fiddly tbh Plus it then frees up your tablet to use as normal.
you can get far better devices you suit Kodi than the Pi2 but it works great for me and I have a decent quality skin with all the fanart and it streams HD great
stefromuk

you do know that a raspberry pi isn't Android don't you?of personally I … you do know that a raspberry pi isn't Android don't you?of personally I use the raspberry Pi2 with Kodi I also have it installed on my tablet but that's a bit fiddly tbh Plus it then frees up your tablet to use as normal. you can get far better devices you suit Kodi than the Pi2 but it works great for me and I have a decent quality skin with all the fanart and it streams HD great

Cheers. I've got nexus 7 available to use. Make a sense to use it?
cambargins

Cheers. I've got nexus 7 available to use. Make a sense to use it?

USPS no HDMI...
Amazon fire stick is cheap.
jamierichardson129

Amazon fire stick is cheap.

Can you have NOW TV on fire?
I'm trying to find a solution to get a rid £80/month sky plan but still having my sky sport...
tesco hudl 2.
don't use kodi, i think tvmc is better.
ho5dow

tesco hudl 2.don't use kodi, i think tvmc is better.

To be honest, TVMC is a modified XBMC/Kodi.
rev6

To be honest, TVMC is a modified XBMC/Kodi.

agree but tvmc automatically install all the popular app for you without you doing anything.
cambargins

I'm trying to find a solution to get a rid £80/month sky plan but still … I'm trying to find a solution to get a rid £80/month sky plan but still having my sky sport...

ring up and say you want to leave, they will soon lower your bill lol
Minix Neo X8-H Plus
cambargins

I'm trying to find a solution to get a rid £80/month sky plan but still … I'm trying to find a solution to get a rid £80/month sky plan but still having my sky sport...

If you want a stable & guaranteed Sky Sports, you will either need to get something like a Skybox F5/Dreambox DM800 SE etc, with a "subscription" for around £15 a year. This will give you the sky package, but not many channels in HD at the minute.

The other alternative is to get into IPTV - this will unlock a LOT of sport for you, in HD & guaranteed to be spot on. You can do this via the Android Ruya plugin & an IPTV subscription. The downside is that its quite expensive at the minute for a good one (still 12 x cheaper than your sky sub a year mind, for sport & the other packages combined).

If you want to risk it, get Kodi installed on a device & find a stream via Phoenix/Sports Devil - quality isn't amazing, will probably buffer quite a lot & will most likely go down if busy.
cambargins

Do you have a good internet connection ?
If so Kodi is fine for finding films/TV shows but with me it's a bit hit and miss with sports.
I've recently got into the kodi scene. Got lots of help from people here to. I'd suggest get a mk808b dongle for 20 quid. Get used to kodi, configuration etc. Once you're happy then you could invest in something more expensive though not needed to be honest.

There's a couple iptv plug ins which are awesome. It will replace your sky subs and give you everything in top quality.
There's a really good community on Twitter with some amazingly helpful people to help you out.
Lots of good cheap android devices about if you but the right one, the raw specs aren't that important, a device with a faster processor and more ram can perform significantly worse than a lower Spec device that's better supported.

I'd post links but you've done the usual of branding Kodi as been a pirate app with free films which it isn't. Kodi does not come with or support any illegal streams what so ever, they are from scummy 3rd party add ons.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 10th Jun 2015
Just buy a TV stick. £25 bosh

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants