Groups

What Android TV would you get since NVida Shield TV is not for sale anymore?

I've been using a mini PC for TV but it seems a bit of a waste since I only ever use Kodi on it, so I was going to use that as a proper PC and get something to use Kodi on - Wouldn't even really need any other apps to work on it as my PS4 has everything else. Needs Ethernet though as my Amazon Fire stick is useless on wifi!

8 Comments

just bought sony 55xd9305 its coming today

you can put Kodi on a cheap as chips Raspberry Pi.....I have several and they're great.

Original Poster

reddeviluk

you can put Kodi on a cheap as chips Raspberry Pi.....I have several and … you can put Kodi on a cheap as chips Raspberry Pi.....I have several and they're great.

By the time you get it and a case are you not worthwhile getting a proper device ?

maybe Amazon fire tv? It has an ethernet port on the back

Original Poster

rugbymike

was thinking about that, don't know why I don't like the Amazon os very much, I have Amazon prime too but just never watch anything other than Mr robot... suppose the android os would push Google content that I'd never buy too though ?
    Edited by: "chrisredmayne" 2nd Nov 2016

If you already have Prime then just get the Fire TV box next time they reduce the price to £65.

Original Poster

rugbymike

Could I just do this to my fire stick to get a better connection? I'm getting fair to marginal on it now in the front room when my laptop is on excellent connection!

aftvnews.com/how…er/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1014
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767364
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927376
      4. What would be HELL to you?3154

See more discussions