What apps to get once Jailbroken

Just managed to jailbreak my 3g on ios 4, so what apps shall i get?

15 Comments

How is your 3g working on ios4 ? It killed my iPhone I had to downgrade to 3.1.3 the slowdown on it was terrible

Original Poster

3g was working fine on ios 4 but it does seem slower.

I have had no slowdown since upgrading to iOS4 but have not jailbroken since upgrading. The only reason for me would be tethering (being able to use your phone's internet connection on your laptop)

trinaandlee

How is your 3g working on ios4 ? It killed my iPhone I had to downgrade … How is your 3g working on ios4 ? It killed my iPhone I had to downgrade to 3.1.3 the slowdown on it was terrible

Same here, It totally killed the 3g on my 3gs. Gone back to 3.1.3, will await 4.1
Edited by: "Babbabooey" 22nd Jul 2010

trinaandlee

How is your 3g working on ios4 ? It killed my iPhone I had to downgrade … How is your 3g working on ios4 ? It killed my iPhone I had to downgrade to 3.1.3 the slowdown on it was terrible

how did you get back to 3.1.3? i've put mine on 4.0 and it's gone really slow, some apps crash, very annoying

souljacker

how did you get back to 3.1.3? i've put mine on 4.0 and it's gone really … how did you get back to 3.1.3? i've put mine on 4.0 and it's gone really slow, some apps crash, very annoying

Do you have your SHSH on file for 3.1.3? If not then you're out of luck. If you do, then it's simple.

i don't even know what the SHSH is?oO

souljacker

i don't even know what the SHSH is?oO

Lol, then you're stuck on 4 i'm afraid.

Babbabooey

Lol, then you're stuck on 4 i'm afraid.

great

You could try this, but i've no idea if it works.

No need for any SHSH

Put your phone in to restore mode , then itunes will notify you it needs to restore , press and hold shift whilst clicking on restore and browse to your downloaded 3.1.3. ipsw . Let itunes restore your phone BUT it will not complete and you will get an error . What i did was download blackra1n and run this and it brings the phone out of recovery mode and hey presto you are now downgraded and running 3.1.3.

You will then need to set your phone up as a new phone is you do not have a back up of 3.1.3
Edited by: "trinaandlee" 22nd Jul 2010

so once you get the error leave the phone plugged in and just run blackrain?

AFAIK Apple have stopped signing the firmware for 3.1.3

grindr

souljacker

so once you get the error leave the phone plugged in and just run … so once you get the error leave the phone plugged in and just run blackrain?

Yes just run blackra1n , if you are using windows 7 run this in xp compatibility mode

If blackra1n freezes wait for a couple of minutes and then cross it off and your phone will continue to restore
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions