Groups

what are my rights?

about 6 weeks ago i had my mobile repaired by samsung for a fault it had developed, they repaired it and returned it to me after a lot of hassle and waiting (took 2 weeks to get the phone back, but was repaired within the 1st 24 hours!) it now has the same fault as before. they want me to send it back to them for them to fix again! it is inly 11 months old, it has a 24 month warranty. what do i do? can i moan to them?!

15 Comments

Banned

You can moan.....not sure what good it will do.

Just be forthright with your needs when you call them. I think you'll find the warranty will cover a replacement phone if the one you are using has a fault. Though as you have already accepted it be fixed for the same fault, I think they will probably just do the same again.

The Sale of Goods Act says that you can reject goods that are not fit for purpose after a reasonable time for a refund. I'd go to a Consumer Advice Centre to find out what you can do next.

Original Poster

Summer90;3431162

You can moan.....not sure what good it will do.Just be forthright with … You can moan.....not sure what good it will do.Just be forthright with your needs when you call them. I think you'll find the warranty will cover a replacement phone if the one you are using has a fault. Though as you have already accepted it be fixed for the same fault, I think they will probably just do the same again.

I haven't accepted yet, they put me on hold to another dept but I rung off as I was waiting 15 mins and needed to pee! Do you think it may pay off if I whinge? if it has developed the same fault again so soon whatsto say it wont again and again? thanks x

My daughters sony ericsson developed a fault 2 months after buying so instead of sending directly i took it to car phone warehouse who are a service centre for all makes. It was sent to sony ericsson and fixed and came back and developed the same fault again(the same day). Took it back to car phone warehouse and instead of sending it bac for repair again they ordered a replacement. The new one was classed as a refurb but it was as in new condition and works fine.

Original Poster

jaidenslot;3431301

My daughters sony ericsson developed a fault 2 months after buying so … My daughters sony ericsson developed a fault 2 months after buying so instead of sending directly i took it to car phone warehouse who are a service centre for all makes. It was sent to sony ericsson and fixed and came back and developed the same fault again(the same day). Took it back to car phone warehouse and instead of sending it bac for repair again they ordered a replacement. The new one was classed as a refurb but it was as in new condition and works fine.

thanks, so do you think if I took my samsung to the carphone warehouse they would replace it? it would be really handy as there is a car phone warehouse 2 mins away from me, would save me sending it off again.

It's worth a try if they are that close to you. It's a lot easier fobbing somebody off on the phone than face to face in a shop.

What kind of samsung was it as me and my OH have had problems with our samsung slide phone and so have a few other people i know.

Original Poster

BlondeBella;3431649

What kind of samsung was it as me and my OH have had problems with our … What kind of samsung was it as me and my OH have had problems with our samsung slide phone and so have a few other people i know.

g600

kirsty1981;3431698

g600

Mine was the U600, whats wrong with it?

i have just had this problem with o2, my phone had a software fault they sent me a new sim card first of all to see if that would correct it, it didn't so i was told i had to go to an o2 shop to send it off for repair, i got it back within 2 weeks but a few days later the fault was still there so i called them back they said they were really sorry and to take it back to the shop again for sending back and when i got it back again to call up and they would put a credit on my account, i did all that and called them and the girl asked me how long it had been going on for so i gave her the date i first called when they sent me the sim card and we worked it out to be just over a month so she gave me a months free line rental whih i was happy enough with, £35 off no bill this mnth

Original Poster

BlondeBella;3431720

Mine was the U600, whats wrong with it?

it just turns itself off then on again, as soon as its on again and the welcome screen comes up it'll turn off again then on again over and over! whats wrong with yours?

Original Poster

caggarooney;3431766

i have just had this problem with o2, my phone had a software fault they … i have just had this problem with o2, my phone had a software fault they sent me a new sim card first of all to see if that would correct it, it didn't so i was told i had to go to an o2 shop to send it off for repair, i got it back within 2 weeks but a few days later the fault was still there so i called them back they said they were really sorry and to take it back to the shop again for sending back and when i got it back again to call up and they would put a credit on my account, i did all that and called them and the girl asked me how long it had been going on for so i gave her the date i first called when they sent me the sim card and we worked it out to be just over a month so she gave me a months free line rental whih i was happy enough with, £35 off no bill this mnth

i'm with orange and they're no help, because I dont pay extra (about £7) a month for extra care then its not their problem! i still get charged even for the 2 weeks i'm without a phone. sounds like o2 are alot nicer!

Mine wouldn't show the screen and sometimes when i slide it up it would just freeze, it was out of warranty by the time i decided to do something about it so i just got a new one but im never geting a samsung again.

kirsty1981;3431875

i'm with orange and they're no help, because I dont pay extra (about £7) … i'm with orange and they're no help, because I dont pay extra (about £7) a month for extra care then its not their problem! i still get charged even for the 2 weeks i'm without a phone. sounds like o2 are alot nicer!

i dont pay any extra care, i only pay my line rental, thats really bad customer service then, might be worth rethinking yr contract with them and switch

Original Poster

caggarooney;3431949

i dont pay any extra care, i only pay my line rental, thats really bad … i dont pay any extra care, i only pay my line rental, thats really bad customer service then, might be worth rethinking yr contract with them and switch

they have terrible customer service! I just rang them again on the off chance someone different said something different! no chance! basically said its my problem! i all ready decided before this that i'd leave orange as soon as my contract was up, their service has been apalling all the way through!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2457
      2. Cat Chat73706
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6531245
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?2291

See more discussions