Groups

What are my stuatory rights? Trouble returning something.

I bought a Ralph Lauren scarf from Choice at Blue Water last week as a present. I decided to get my dad something different and didn't think I would have any trouble returning the scarf as it still had the labels on and I had the receipt.

When I tried to return it yesterday I was told I'm only allowed store credit as stated on the receipt :x . This seems absolutely ridiculous. What's the legal standing here? There's nothing else I want from the shop and I don't go there very often.

Any advice would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

4 Comments

I'm not 100% certain on this, but if you're just changing your mind, and there's not actually anything wrong with the product, they don't have to give you a refund at all.

"I have just purchased something that I do not want anymore. Does the shop have to give me a refund?"
    If you purchased goods for cash after visiting a retailer, then no. You are only entitled to a refund if the goods are defective, not as described or not fit for their purpose. However, the trader may be willing to give you a credit note.

Trading Standards

Original Poster

If you purchased goods for cash after visiting a retailer, then no. You … If you purchased goods for cash after visiting a retailer, then no. You are only entitled to a refund if the goods are defective, not as described or not fit for their purpose. However, the trader may be willing to give you a credit note.

I thought as much as I tried my charm and good looks but couldn't persuade them to give me the cash back.

Thanks for your help Emma and Kommunist.

Say the colour doesnt go with what you dad wears hehe

Nah pull abit of the stiching out and go back and say you dont want it due to the stitching coming out.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions