What are people giving up for Lent

64 replies
Found 28th Feb
I'm giving up fizzy drink.

I drink far too much cola its not good for you full of sugar and caffeine. So I'll switch to vodka instead.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
64 Comments

nowt

Pancakes.

Temporary use of something until the same or equivalent item is returned.

My testicles. 2 kids are enough.

My wife she's not made me any pancakes yet

Religion

Chocolate- going to be a tough one!

Chocolate and sweets

Misc

anything thats not deep fried

Charitable donations.

I am giving up lent. (_;)

alcohol​

same as last year.

Nothing

shauneco

Nothing

Value of the pound?

The hope that liverpool will finish top 4 for once.

Sex - not that I have much choice in the matter

Banned

biting

dtovey89

Value of the pound?

​lets march

Sweet f aaaaaaaaaaa:3

brilly

nowt

You could always try giving up being such an exciting poster on here ?

alanrowell

Sex - not that I have much choice in the matter

Goats don't have much choice either hint,hint oO

giving up giving up

Could you give up HUKD for 40 days???
Checking back after 41 days to find you missed a 100,000 degree deal would be painful

Not so much giving anything up, but certainly going to try to live a little 'cleaner'. Less junk food/drink and more fruit & veg.

Spent £3 on a KFC yesterday... today I spent £1.69 on a salad from Aldi, left me feeling far fuller and really enjoyed it. I'm not normally one to eat salads and the like, at least, not as a choice... just hope I can keep it going!

miikeyblue

...I'm not normally one to eat salads and the like, at least, not as a … ...I'm not normally one to eat salads and the like, at least, not as a choice... just hope I can keep it going!

If you eat fruit & vegetables to excess they will keep you going, rather than the converse.

CookinBat

Yes seriously considering becoming a muslam. Srs!

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/54992243.jpg

Original Poster

airfix

Pat Sharp?

miikeyblue

Not so much giving anything up, but certainly going to try to live a … Not so much giving anything up, but certainly going to try to live a little 'cleaner'. Less junk food/drink and more fruit & veg.Spent £3 on a KFC yesterday... today I spent £1.69 on a salad from Aldi, left me feeling far fuller and really enjoyed it. I'm not normally one to eat salads and the like, at least, not as a choice... just hope I can keep it going!

There is a middle ground you know miikey?

summerof76

Sweet f aaaaaaaaaaa:3

Have you bean eating lots of fibre again?

airfix

Thwank you brother airnits.

airfix

There is a middle ground you know miikey?

Yep, I know, that's what I'm aiming for. I don't want to suck all the fun out of food. I've just noticed a bit of weight gain since Christmas, been diagnosed as anaemic and got a few other little niggling health issues. I'm not sure if any of it's related to my diet, but I've got plenty of room to improve it and still not feel like I'm missing out.

I can't go cold turkey on everything anyway... I'd never drink my homebrew otherwise

miikeyblue

Yep, I know, that's what I'm aiming for. I don't want to suck all the fun … Yep, I know, that's what I'm aiming for. I don't want to suck all the fun out of food. I've just noticed a bit of weight gain since Christmas, been diagnosed as anaemic and got a few other little niggling health issues. I'm not sure if any of it's related to my diet, but I've got plenty of room to improve it and still not feel like I'm missing out.I can't go cold turkey on everything anyway... I'd never drink my homebrew otherwise

I've heard you need to be looking at half a pint of pigs blood each week straight from the butcher's..

As well as giving up something, you could always take up something too (charitable work,help others etc..)

Original Poster

fivegoldstars

I've heard you need to be looking at half a pint of pigs blood each week … I've heard you need to be looking at half a pint of pigs blood each week straight from the butcher's..

The black soup, its the reason the spartans didn't fear death

I'm giving up lent for lent.

moneysavingkitten

I'm giving up lent for lent.

You are such a flirt.

Thanks for the photos, & the plastic tool, by the way

airfix

You could always try giving up being such an exciting poster on here ?

guess it might make you look a bit better... possibly not though
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?79
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions