Groups

what are the benfits of jail breaking an iphone/ipod touch ?

As title states what are the benfits of jail breaking an iphone/ipod touch ?

14 Comments

all apps are free

i'm looking for a custom equalizer app for an ipod touch as I'd like to be able to "manually" adjust the equalizer myself...the preset eq settings on the pod don't quite cut it for me
    any suggestions for an equalize app ..but plesae not that Equalizer by Tibor Horvath on itunes app store
    thanks
    DL

Original Poster

Really ? do apple have any comebacks like can they brick my ipod touch or something ?

No. Your ipod or iphone is fine. jailbreaking is hardly doing anything to it at all. Changing themes, adding call blockers, A video camera... tons of amazing things to do with it after it's Jailbroken

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, now i need to find a good tutorial to do it haha.

use blackrain

just google blackrain. It's SO EASY

installs blackrain to your iphone, then you install cydia or rockbox. I suggest cydia. Easy as pie.

electricmayhem;8044692

use blackrain :Djust google blackrain. It's SO EASY :Dinstalls blackrain … use blackrain :Djust google blackrain. It's SO EASY :Dinstalls blackrain to your iphone, then you install cydia or rockbox. I suggest cydia. Easy as pie.

+1.

Download Blackra1n, plug in ipod, press "make it rain"
    Then install Cydia
    Enjoy
    /Tut

Are they able to Jailbreak 3.1.3 yet?

Banned

Paws_Pup;8045645

Are they able to Jailbreak 3.1.3 yet?

]Sn0wbreeze

Certain 3gs Models don't work im afraid though

Banned

electricmayhem;8044692

use blackrain :Djust google blackrain. It's SO EASY :Dinstalls blackrain … use blackrain :Djust google blackrain. It's SO EASY :Dinstalls blackrain to your iphone, then you install cydia or rockbox. I suggest cydia. Easy as pie.

Think rock is much better. Faster, better layout and has ratings and comments. They both have the same files as well

Banned

bargaincrazy09;8044532

Thanks everyone, now i need to find a good tutorial to do it haha.

blackra1n.com/, just download this, plug your ipod/phone in the computer, run it and its done in litterally 5 seconds.

I have a iTouch v2.

So should I update it to the latest software with itunes, then blackrain it, so it is jailbroke with the latest apple SW???

Banned

Chiptivo;8045692

I have a iTouch v2.So should I update it to the latest software with … I have a iTouch v2.So should I update it to the latest software with itunes, then blackrain it, so it is jailbroke with the latest apple SW???

I wouldn't, just leave it at 3.1.2 , its more stable and 3.1.3 doesn't offer anything at all except originally no jailbreak . If in the future apps only support 3.1.3 get FW changer on cydia. Keeps your firmware but tricks your ipod/phone into thinking it has newer or older firmware. You can put any number you like
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions