Found 31st Jul 2010
Craked open an egg the other and and it contained a double yolk. Thought not much of it. Cracked open 2 just now... and both were double yolked!!

It was a box of 15, 8 gone - 3 double yolked.... i wonder what the other 7 hold...!!

Place your bets!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

Original Poster

i hope to find some gold

mmm I love double yolked ones, get them from our ducks sometimes!

tracyhay

mmm I love double yolked ones, get them from our ducks sometimes!

duck eggs nice?

dcx_badass

A dead chick in one of them.

Eughhhhh. Im totally going off eggs, I had one the other day where that little black bit thats attached to the yolk was beginning to form. It was only tiny but I just couldnt eat it, I just couldnt eat it.

I've never had a double yolked egg
I heard that free range eggs are more likely to have them, I think they are a myth lol.

That's GM foods for you

i had a whole box of them, and i know someone who cracked and egg which has a dead chick in there, well i didn't know him but he came in the shop complaining about it, should of charged him for a chiken

7 with no yolks at all.

Kulsum

duck eggs nice?

yip slightly stronger taste than chicken eggs, but still yummy

double yolks arent that rare, bonus when you get them though

I don't like the white bit and only eat the yolk so I would love to get a double yolked one

tracyhay

yip slightly stronger taste than chicken eggs, but still yummy

thanks for your reply, will venture on trying them out

Original Poster

just cracked open another 2....

and both double yolked!!

10 gone - 5 double yolked! so thats 10 eggs - 15 yolks!

5 eggs left...!

rchan

just cracked open another 2....and both double yolked!!10 gone - 5 double … just cracked open another 2....and both double yolked!!10 gone - 5 double yolked! so thats 10 eggs - 15 yolks! 5 eggs left...!

Tell me youre yoking?

Aw - twins obviously run in the hen's family then

i know a womans who owns a farm and one of her chickens lay an egg with no shell lol just had the inner skin xD

Banned

how eggciting (_;)

peak-a-boo99

i know a womans who owns a farm and one of her chickens lay an egg with … i know a womans who owns a farm and one of her chickens lay an egg with no shell lol just had the inner skin xD

This can happen with chickens if they are not getting enough calcium to form the shell.

babyxxxxx

i had a whole box of them, and i know someone who cracked and egg which … i had a whole box of them, and i know someone who cracked and egg which has a dead chick in there, well i didn't know him but he came in the shop complaining about it, should of charged him for a chiken

Bit strange since you only get chicks if the egg gets fertilised. And in shop eggs its only hens that are kept togeather.
Edited by: "cdemico" 19th Aug 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769582
    2. Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington strea…33
    3. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!79
    4. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.1023

See more discussions