Expired

What are the for sale/ for trade rules?

Found 20th May 2014
I asked to buy a UV code, which I have done in the past and it was fine.
Also someone else within the past 3 weeks were selling UV codes.

Yet I just added a wanted page and a mod took it down saying it has no RRP value.

Yes that's true but still people can make money from it.
Or is it one rule for me and anything goes for everyone else?

Try to answer this honestly without siding with anyone, going by what I have put here can you honestly say that I'm wrong when people can sell there UV codes however I can't ask to buy one?
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
For the record, Ive just bought one on ebay.

I guess it just depends on what type of day the mod is having and not what the rules actually are...
The general rule is no profiteering - so as you say peopel can make money - that is profiteering and is against thr rules.

Maybe a mod can add teh link for the FS/FT rules

However some posts do slip through the net as mods don't check every post, but rely on other users to report rule violations.

EliTom

elitom

The general rule is no profiteering - so as you say peopel can make money … The general rule is no profiteering - so as you say peopel can make money - that is profiteering and is against thr rules.Maybe a mod can add teh link for the FS/FT rulesHowever some posts do slip through the net as mods don't check every post, but rely on other users to report rule violations.EliTom

Yeah and thats fair enough.
I don't mind that my post was taken down, but if my one is then others for the same thing should be too.

I understand if someone asked for, say, £4 million pounds for an xbox when they cost £350 new.
A UV code tho is 99% chance going to be rotting in someones bluray or dvd case, so why not make a few quid and sell it if someone wants to buy it?

Mose so, the site is called hotukdeals, if someone buys the bluray cheap and then makes a few quid from a code then doesn't that make their saving even better?
https://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/updated-hotukdeals-for-sale-forum-rules-63512

Prohibited Trades. The following items must not be listed.
*Counterfeit items
*Weapons
*Medicines / Age Restricted Products
*Copied Media
*Console Cards / Pandora type batteries/PS3 Jailbreak Devices
*Alcohol
*Tobacco / accessories
*Illegal Substances
*Sexually Explicit Items
*Non Transferable Items including Gaming/Adword Accounts
*Items without an rrp, e.g. games marked "promo only" or "not for resale". We will allow "not to be sold separately" bundled games.
*Cable TV Boxes
*Rail Tickets
*Football Tickets
*Vouchers with minimum spend, next to no resale value or available in electronic format only (for the avoidance of doubt, no e-codes will be accepted). All 1mth+ tangible Xbox live cards for example are permitted, ecodes only are not.
*Currency / money exchange

UV codes do not have an RRP.

If you happen to see a thread selling UV codes (Or anything without an RRP) then feel free to report it and it can be dealt with.

If you wish to discuss further then please use contact us here Click

Thanks

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants