Groups

What are the point of wasps?

What are the point of wasps?
    Tell me one useful thing they do on planet earth

16 Comments

To annoy people

Starr;6477247

To annoy people

buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:p

Most wasp species are predators. Their function is in the control of many other insect species. They are actually very effective parasitoids, and because of this efficiency they have been used for decades as biological control agents. Many crop pests including horn worms and scale insects which cost millions of pounds in annually controlled by wasps. Without these predators, tomatoes, oranges, tobacco, and many other important crops would be so scarce that the price of them would skyrocket. Their method of efficiency is that they will lay one egg on the back of a caterpillar, through the process of polyembrony, the egg multiplies itself, producing hundreds of larvae. These larvae hatch, kill the caterpillar, and pupate. Once development completed, the newly formed wasps will emerge and go out in search of their own caterpillar to deposit eggs on.
    So next time you see a wasp learn to love it.

FROM GOOGLE

Banned

Bears like them and birds.

Original Poster

hmm is that before it stings you?

waterloo;6477278

Most wasp species are predators. Their function is in the control of many … Most wasp species are predators. Their function is in the control of many other insect species. They are actually very effective parasitoids, and because of this efficiency they have been used for decades as biological control agents. Many crop pests including horn worms and scale insects which cost millions of pounds in annually controlled by wasps. Without these predators, tomatoes, oranges, tobacco, and many other important crops would be so scarce that the price of them would skyrocket. Their method of efficiency is that they will lay one egg on the back of a caterpillar, through the process of polyembrony, the egg multiplies itself, producing hundreds of larvae. These larvae hatch, kill the caterpillar, and pupate. Once development completed, the newly formed wasps will emerge and go out in search of their own caterpillar to deposit eggs on.So next time you see a wasp learn to love it. FROM GOOGLE

wow, so they actually aren't here to annoy us.

They have a purpose :w00t:

Like waterloo quotes, lots of wasps are effective parasitoids; most insect pest species are parasitised by specific wasp species. Those wasps are usually the little ones, like Encarsia which parasitises whitefly, which is a real pest in my greenhouse!!

There are thousands of wasp species.

Common wasps, the big buzzy yellow and black striped creatures are proper predators though, They catch and kill insects, scavenge and like a sip or two of nectar and rotting apple. They and other predators, like spiders, keep insect populations down. (They also like to lick up a sweet liquid regurgitated by their larvae, when the larvae have been fed mini-chunks of cut up prey. )

Despite all that, I am not very keen and I had my first sting the other week:w00t:

what would us bulldogs chew without wasps :w00t:

]http//ww…asp

Wasps are the only animal on the planet that have NO purpose. They do not eat other animals, they do not create anything (ie milk from cows, honey from bees, meat from other animals etc) and they do not assist the environment. It is a fact that they could be wiped out and it would have no effect on the world at all. Interesting huh!

Original Poster

So as it seems to be established shouldnt we have an all out war on wasps and erradicate from this planet what do you think?

waterloo;6477278

Most wasp species are predators. Their function is in the control of many … Most wasp species are predators. Their function is in the control of many other insect species. They are actually very effective parasitoids, and because of this efficiency they have been used for decades as biological control agents. Many crop pests including horn worms and scale insects which cost millions of pounds in annually controlled by wasps. Without these predators, tomatoes, oranges, tobacco, and many other important crops would be so scarce that the price of them would skyrocket. Their method of efficiency is that they will lay one egg on the back of a caterpillar, through the process of polyembrony, the egg multiplies itself, producing hundreds of larvae. These larvae hatch, kill the caterpillar, and pupate. Once development completed, the newly formed wasps will emerge and go out in search of their own caterpillar to deposit eggs on.So next time you see a wasp learn to love it. FROM GOOGLE

Oh Im so disappointed I thought you were typing that from the heart

Banned

ClarityofMind;6478147

lol

ClarityofMind;6478147

No i hate them my missus goes hysterical when a wasp is about so for that reason i hate them its well embarrassing with her jumping about the place in public

How are you keeping :thumbsup:

waterloo;6477278

im not even going to start to read this crep

waterloo;6477278

These larvae hatch, kill the caterpillar, and pupate. Once development … These larvae hatch, kill the caterpillar, and pupate. Once development completed, the newly formed wasps will emerge and go out in search of their own caterpillar to deposit eggs on.

I think I saw this in 'Alien'

branchinghenk;6479421

im not even going to start to read this crep

Nobody asked you to now buzzzzzzzzzzz offffffffffffff
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)11
      2. Biscuit addiction1954
      3. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?11
      4. Car park fine UKPC1520