Groups

What are the saving limits for claiming beneifits?

I was just wondering what the saving limits for claiming beneifits are, and if they take ISAs into account - im new to all this, having to leave university (post grad) and get a job, but in the mean time, I thought I would investigate the benefits, as I wont be getting a penny!

14 Comments

Go on to entitledto.com and you should get more info there.

i think its either 6 or 9k

Banned

what benefit will you be claming?

steandshell;2097347

Go on to entitledto.com and you should get more info there.

Welcome to hukd!

Am interested in what benefits you will be claiming??

Hi can you not find a job - any job - just to tide you over?

£6k lower limit - £16k higher limit
    ]http//ww…mtb

Original Poster

Nice one guys, thanks for your help.

As for getting a job to tide me over, yeah of course im applying for things all the time, but for the bigger/ propper jobs the process takes time with applications and interviews.

As a current Phd - its almost impossibe to get a part time job as people don't understand what what Im doing, and if tehy, they pressume I will leave so they don't give me a chance

Depends on the benefit, and yes ISAs are taken into consideration, as is any property or money owed to you (e.g. by friends or family)

vbeardmore;2097711

people don't understand what what Im doing, and if tehy, they pressume I … people don't understand what what Im doing, and if tehy, they pressume I will leave so they don't give me a chance

Maybe they just don't understand your typing :w00t: :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DAMNOME;2097822

Maybe they just don't understand your typing :w00t: :thumbsup:

Harsh, but fair :thumbsup:

Some of the benefits have a limit of 2.5K.

this is the claim line they can answer all your questions and start the claim for you 0800 055 6688

Original Poster

dmissy13;2097864

Some of the benefits have a limit of 2.5K.this is the claim line they can … Some of the benefits have a limit of 2.5K.this is the claim line they can answer all your questions and start the claim for you 0800 055 6688

Fab - thanks ever so much.

Banned

kelly_o_fanatic;2097756

Depends on the benefit, and yes ISAs are taken into consideration, as is … Depends on the benefit, and yes ISAs are taken into consideration, as is any property or money owed to you (e.g. by friends or family)

they do not take first property into account. I claimed council tax benefit when I was briefly unemployed a few years back and they took my savings and ISA into account but not the value of my house.

Just savings including cash and shares isa and also includes any shares/unit trusts.

Go to ]direct.gov.uk
    or ]dwp.gov.uk
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.66
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?66
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240

See more discussions