What are these types of screws called and where can I get one?

Found 12th Nov 2017
Lost the lens stabiliser screw for my gimbal and don't really fancy paying £15 just to have a single one shipped to me by the company.

2826272.jpg

Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
They look very close to PC case screws, if one of those fits the thread, you can get them as thumbscrews... 7dayshop.com/pro…c01
Are they not just generic camera mounting screws? 1/4” or maybe a 3/8”? I will be honest though from a photo it’s impossible. Do you have an wngineering supplier near by they’d work it out for you and stock something similar
"Dannyrobo" is right. I have the Crane gimble and these are standard 1/4" camera mount screws.
no idea but $9 per screw is ridiculous, especially since they're obviously coming from China and will take 3829 weeks to arrive
Knurled thumb screws
whiteston8 h, 57 m ago

"Dannyrobo" is right. I have the Crane gimble and these are standard 1/4" …"Dannyrobo" is right. I have the Crane gimble and these are standard 1/4" camera mount screws.

What crane do you have, I have the Crane 2 (Not v2), is it the same screw? The screw I'm missing is the one used for the part in the image below on my Crane.

32420972-xUmka.jpg
matth999917 h, 27 m ago

They look very close to PC case screws, if one of those fits the thread, …They look very close to PC case screws, if one of those fits the thread, you can get them as thumbscrews... https://www.7dayshop.com/products/4-pack-of-atrix-pc-case-thumb-screw-for-computer-components-and-chassis-etc-atracctsc01

Will probably give these a try, much better than £15, thanks.
Aldnoah1 h, 10 m ago

Will probably give these a try, much better than £15, thanks.

Im pretty sure pc case screws are Not 1/4”. Go screwfix and find out what it is
Dannyrobbo4 m ago

Im pretty sure pc case screws are Not 1/4”. Go screwfix and find out what …Im pretty sure pc case screws are Not 1/4”. Go screwfix and find out what it is

Okay, thanks guess I'll do that first.
Aldnoah21 h, 10 m ago

What crane do you have, I have the Crane 2 (Not v2), is it the same screw? …What crane do you have, I have the Crane 2 (Not v2), is it the same screw? The screw I'm missing is the one used for the part in the image below on my Crane.[Image]

Different model, but the screw you are after looks just the same as the one used to hold the camera to the gimbal mounting plate on mine. i.e 1/4" thread.

32426252-9Xidx.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants