What are you doing tonight?

Posted 31st Dec 2019
Anyone going out tonight or am I the only one who has no money to?
Community Updates
Ask
40 Comments
I had the worst night of my life 20 years ago at Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield and haven’t ever bothered with NYE since, best saving what money you do have for another day...
joeydeacon31/12/2019 21:26

I had the worst night of my life 20 years ago at Don Valley Stadium in …I had the worst night of my life 20 years ago at Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield and haven’t ever bothered with NYE since, best saving what money you do have for another day...

Save my 73p for another day which I still can’t buy anything
deleted210456831/12/2019 21:29

Comment deleted

Haha I’m just in my flat with my dogs and got my music on (8 speakers and a subwoofer full wack) annoying all my neighbours
I'll open a bottle of fizz when jools Holland on later,same as last few years happy new year fellow staying inners
The Last Leg & 2 bottles of wine
James bond on the telly, bed at 00:10
deleted1965997
joeydeacon31/12/2019 21:26

I had the worst night of my life 20 years ago at Don Valley Stadium in …I had the worst night of my life 20 years ago at Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield and haven’t ever bothered with NYE since, best saving what money you do have for another day...

What happened
Have a 'handy hank' and goto bed
wookey hole today. Tgi Fridays at 7. Home now. Stuffed Big time. Watch box. Fireworks around me every year so no sleep until 12.15... deciding if I should drink alcohol or not bother. Oh how I've changed. Would of been in nightclub until 2am caning it 20 years ago. Id die now if I tried that!
Edited by: "wayners" 31st Dec 2019
silvershark01031/12/2019 22:21

Have a 'handy hank' and goto bed

Me Myself & Irene ---- Hank39554536-5ekhk.jpg
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 31st Dec 2019
wayners31/12/2019 22:26

wookey hole today. Tgi Fridays at 7. Home now. Stuffed Big time. Watch …wookey hole today. Tgi Fridays at 7. Home now. Stuffed Big time. Watch box. Fireworks around me every year so no sleep until 12.15... deciding if I should drink alcohol or not bother. Oh how I've changed. Would of been in nightclub until 2am caning it. Id die now if I tried that!

#MyBoringLife
39554540-yDIeL.jpg

wookey hole today. Tgi Fridays at 7. Home now. Stuffed Big time. Watch …wookey hole today. Tgi Fridays at 7. Home now. Stuffed Big time. Watch box. Fireworks around me every year so no sleep until 12.15... deciding if I should drink alcohol or not bother. Oh how I've changed. Would of been in nightclub until 2am caning it 20 years ago. Id die now if I tried that!

Tune
39554567-TIbqo.jpg
Missus is away to Liverpool visiting her Dad, oldest is up in his room as he doesn't drink and he split with his wife this year. Other 2 grown up kids are out getting piddled so I'm sitting downstairs perusing HUKD and having a few (10) pints of Guinness.

I'm off to watch my team tomorrow, away to Dugannon. S**t league but I love it, we actually have a chance this year.

COYG!
GlentoranMark31/12/2019 22:33

Missus is away to Liverpool visiting her Dad, oldest is up in his room as …Missus is away to Liverpool visiting her Dad, oldest is up in his room as he doesn't drink and he split with his wife this year. Other 2 grown up kids are out getting piddled so I'm sitting downstairs perusing HUKD and having a few (10) pints of Guinness.I'm off to watch my team tomorrow, away to Dugannon. S**t league but I love it, we actually have a chance this year.COYG!

I’m sat having a few cans (crates) of Kopparberg and I can’t say anything I’m a Middlesbrough fan
UTB!
Edited by: "Arto" 31st Dec 2019
Arto31/12/2019 22:35

I’m sat having a few cans (crates) of Kopparberg and I can’t say any …I’m sat having a few cans (crates) of Kopparberg and I can’t say anything I’m a Middlesbrough fan UTB!

My nephew is a Boro fan (I've no reason why lol) but I think we've played you a few times in friendlies in Belfast (Glentoran).

Difference between us and you is we have have a chance of Europe each year

wookey hole today. Tgi Fridays at 7. Home now. Stuffed Big time. Watch …wookey hole today. Tgi Fridays at 7. Home now. Stuffed Big time. Watch box. Fireworks around me every year so no sleep until 12.15... deciding if I should drink alcohol or not bother. Oh how I've changed. Would of been in nightclub until 2am caning it 20 years ago. Id die now if I tried that!

39554620-RuVhO.jpg
GlentoranMark31/12/2019 22:38

My nephew is a Boro fan (I've no reason why lol) but I think we've played …My nephew is a Boro fan (I've no reason why lol) but I think we've played you a few times in friendlies in Belfast (Glentoran).Difference between us and you is we have have a chance of Europe each year

Yeh but did you see our second goal on Sunday against West Brom?

deleted196599731/12/2019 22:15

What happened

Went to a Gatecrasher Millennium Eve event on the coldest night of the decade without a coat, on the basis of there being ‘outdoor heating’ with the Arena - there wasn’t anything of the sort. Almost perished actually waiting to get in there and missed Sasha and the Chemical Brothers from what I can recall, also some clown climbed up the steel structure above the DJ booth and the music was halted for a good while, the rest of it was garbage. I was also in my 20s and hadn’t given any thought to how I’d actually get back to South Manchester from Sheffield on New Years morning - my mother was absolutely not impressed receiving a phone call at 6/7am asking if she’d drive to Sheffield to pick me up due to no trains running, whilst struggling to actually speak.
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 31st Dec 2019
joeydeacon31/12/2019 22:40

Went to a Gatecrasher Millennium Eve event on the coldest night of the …Went to a Gatecrasher Millennium Eve event on the coldest night of the decade without a coat, on the basis of there being ‘outdoor heating’ with the Arena - there wasn’t anything of the sort. Almost perished actually waiting to get in there and missed Sasha and the Chemical Brothers from what I can recall, almost some clown climbed up the steel structure above the DJ booth and the music was halted for a good while, the rest of it was garbage. I was also in my 20s and haven’t given any thought to how I’d actually get back to South Manchester from Sheffield on New Years morning - my mother was absolutely not impressed receiving a phone call at 6/7am asking if she’d drive to Sheffield to pick me up due to no trains running, whilst struggling to actually speak.

Yeh but mother is always the taxi driver on a night out
Arto31/12/2019 22:41

Yeh but mother is always the taxi driver on a night out

Oh just to add the entrance ticket cost £100 IIRC, not sure how much that would be in today’s money
Arto31/12/2019 22:39

Yeh but did you see our second goal on Sunday against West Brom?[Video]

Just watch all of that, was a good one but have any of your players been nominted for a Ballon Dor?

Edited by: "GlentoranMark" 31st Dec 2019
GlentoranMark31/12/2019 22:47

Just watch all of that, was a good one but have any of your players been …Just watch all of that, was a good one but have any of your players been nominted for a Ballon Dor?[Video]

Who are ya?
Arto31/12/2019 22:48

Who are ya?

Love it mate, I rarely miss a game. I missed that goal though! Missed this one also even though I was at the game - seen the keeper take the free kick but we're s**t and thought nothing of it would happen so turned away lol.

Football supporters eh

Good luck against Preston, that's another place I've been too.
GlentoranMark31/12/2019 22:56

Love it mate, I rarely miss a game. I missed that goal though! Missed this …Love it mate, I rarely miss a game. I missed that goal though! Missed this one also even though I was at the game - seen the keeper take the free kick but we're s**t and thought nothing of it would happen so turned away lol.[Video] Football supporters eh Good luck against Preston, that's another place I've been too.

I’ve been to some nice stadiums, Huddersfield, Manchester City, Brentford, Liverpool, Sunderland, Burnley was a s*** hole
deleted1965997
joeydeacon31/12/2019 22:40

Went to a Gatecrasher Millennium Eve event on the coldest night of the …Went to a Gatecrasher Millennium Eve event on the coldest night of the decade without a coat, on the basis of there being ‘outdoor heating’ with the Arena - there wasn’t anything of the sort. Almost perished actually waiting to get in there and missed Sasha and the Chemical Brothers from what I can recall, also some clown climbed up the steel structure above the DJ booth and the music was halted for a good while, the rest of it was garbage. I was also in my 20s and hadn’t given any thought to how I’d actually get back to South Manchester from Sheffield on New Years morning - my mother was absolutely not impressed receiving a phone call at 6/7am asking if she’d drive to Sheffield to pick me up due to no trains running, whilst struggling to actually speak.

This is funny, though I can’t imagine it being at the time.
deleted196599731/12/2019 22:58

This is funny, though I can’t imagine it being at the time.

It’s always funny when it’s someone else
Arto31/12/2019 22:58

I’ve been to some nice stadiums, Huddersfield, Manchester City, Brentford, …I’ve been to some nice stadiums, Huddersfield, Manchester City, Brentford, Liverpool, Sunderland, Burnley was a s*** hole

You've made my night mate

Been outside Anfield but never in it. Went to Barnsley, PNE and Sunderland... with my Burnley mates

I'm PMSL because we (Glentoran) transferred a player in the 1990's, Glen Little (what a player btw) and we thought we'd go and support him when he moved. So being part of a Glentoran supporters club we made the trip in the 3rd division and watched them against Millwall.

We've been every year since and followed their lows and high's and made some great friends from the town.

We're off this February again but it's been a 25 year relationship and we love it and Burnley.

I don't support anyone other than Glentoran but I have a soft spot for a few teams, Burnley is one of them.
GlentoranMark31/12/2019 23:05

You've made my night mate Been outside Anfield but never in it. Went to …You've made my night mate Been outside Anfield but never in it. Went to Barnsley, PNE and Sunderland... with my Burnley mates I'm PMSL because we (Glentoran) transferred a player in the 1990's, Glen Little (what a player btw) and we thought we'd go and support him when he moved. So being part of a Glentoran supporters club we made the trip in the 3rd division and watched them against Millwall.We've been every year since and followed their lows and high's and made some great friends from the town.We're off this February again but it's been a 25 year relationship and we love it and Burnley.I don't support anyone other than Glentoran but I have a soft spot for a few teams, Burnley is one of them.

The worst I’ve been to is Wigan
Arto31/12/2019 23:06

The worst I’ve been to is Wigan

Been to the Turf obviously and will be there in February but been to Blackburn now that was an experience for a local derby filled with hate but nothing beats my local derby of Linfield
GlentoranMark31/12/2019 23:14

Been to the Turf obviously and will be there in February but been to …Been to the Turf obviously and will be there in February but been to Blackburn now that was an experience for a local derby filled with hate but nothing beats my local derby of Linfield

You obviously haven’t been to Hartlepool vs Middlesbrough in a friendly. They throw fireworks at each other
Arto31/12/2019 23:32

You obviously haven’t been to Hartlepool vs Middlesbrough in a friendly. T …You obviously haven’t been to Hartlepool vs Middlesbrough in a friendly. They throw fireworks at each other

Hartlepool was another ground I've been to. We played Brann Bergen in Europa and stayed in Newcastle and got the train down. Not sure who they played but I think it was one of their first league games.

Friendly bunch btw but we wern't Borro supporters.

NI has it's problems but these are two teams from the same religion:

Edited by: "GlentoranMark" 31st Dec 2019
Bah Humbug
GlentoranMark31/12/2019 23:44

Hartlepool was another ground I've been to. We played Brann Bergen in …Hartlepool was another ground I've been to. We played Brann Bergen in Europa and stayed in Newcastle and got the train down. Not sure who they played but I think it was one of their first league games.Friendly bunch btw but we wern't Borro supporters.NI has it's problems but these are two teams from the same religion:[Video]

Beat Preston 2-0 but the second goal was hilarious

Arto01/01/2020 17:36

Beat Preston 2-0 but the second goal was hilarious [Video]

We won 2-0, no shocks unlike last time we met.

We got bought over, something I'm not too happy with but the influx of money means we've bought quality players. The aim is European money, with €5m for a group stage of Europa League.

Think Plume, Van Overbeek and Naseeri are too good for our league tbh

bbc.co.uk/spo…280

I was at the game, it's an hour down the motorway as is most grounds in NI but I love it.

Play again on Saturday in the Irish Cup against a weak Portadown, we should win.
Arto01/01/2020 17:36

Beat Preston 2-0 but the second goal was hilarious [Video]

Scraped through the Irish Cup game on penalties but won yesterday and went top of the league, albeit until the Sky game on Monday between Cliftonville (2nd) and Linfield (3rd) takes place. 16 games unbeaten now, our longest run in over 100 years. Crowds are also coming back, we're averaging 2,400 this season but that will grow if we've any chance of a league title.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions