What are your favourite instruments / effects to use in Ableton ??

Posted 26th Apr
I just bought the suite version a few weeks ago and there are so many to use !

Any that you think are essential ?

I'd love something that makes a good guitar sound, when I try and record my guitar through a rocksmith cable to the Mac it just sounds so muffled still so I end up converting it to a midi file. but the guitar instruments sounds feel really fake to me. it's still good to do that though for me as I find it easier to play guitar than keys so it makes some nice sounds.

if you have a SoundCloud where you have uploaded some Ableton stuff share it too!! here's mine, I think I'm getting better, the last track I did sounded more professional than the others, I think listening back on headphones really helps. one of the ones I did I thought sounded great but yesterday when I tried to listen to it with headphones all the layers kinda just got in the way. I'm really enjoying learning though it's so rewarding having something at the end of it that will also be there to listen to!

I'm just getting the hang of song structures too I think, before I'd make a loop and then not have a clue how to make it into a track but using the markers is really helpful.

soundcloud.com/chrisredmayne/sets/full-tracks
Community Updates
Misc
2 Comments
If the 'layers are getting in the way' then I'd recommend studying up on mixing.
PeacePipe26/04/2020 07:35

If the 'layers are getting in the way' then I'd recommend studying up on …If the 'layers are getting in the way' then I'd recommend studying up on mixing.

Any YouTube stuff you would recommend? It's not really been a huge problem it was just noticeable when I used headphones as to when I was listening with speakers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions