What are your favourite low cost home decorating and furnishing ideas?

Posted 19th Nov
Looking for some low cost ideas to spruce up my home
Community Updates
8 Comments
Show me a picture of your living room if don't mind since it's gonna be hard to get a idea what you need
Norseg19/11/2019 18:46

Show me a picture of your living room if don't mind since it's gonna be …Show me a picture of your living room if don't mind since it's gonna be hard to get a idea what you need

Ok I might do that later. It's kind of grey at the moment. The walls are grey and the carpet is a grey colour too.
mccririck19/11/2019 18:47

Ok I might do that later. It's kind of grey at the moment. The walls are …Ok I might do that later. It's kind of grey at the moment. The walls are grey and the carpet is a grey colour too.

Alright
If I'm going off the top of my head I would say less is better, minimalist style or just OCD

Also what's cheap? I've seen some pretty nice decorations in Home Bargain you definitely want to stick with a colour/pattern
Oh also reorganizing Furniture may help depends though
Edited by: "Norseg" 19th Nov
I'm doing this now myself. I agree a clear out is really helpful. Purge, purge, purge. Only keep things that you use/genuinely mean something. A deep clean can also help.

Bathroom - Whiten the grout, new shower curtain, new towels, change square mirror to round.

Bedroom - Shampoo the carpets, new duvet cover, new mirror, mount TV on the wall, storage organisers in the wardrobe/closet.

Living room - New photo frames/updated family photos, new cushions, upcycle bookcases with paint/decoupage, add some shelves, change the lighting up, add USB sockets/update all the switches/sockets.

If there are any outstanding repairs, get a handyman in to do them all in one go.

And the hardest one: don't buy something unless you will actually use it.
Buy cheap frames from charity shops (paint them if they're tatty/dated), find decent high res images of your favourite art, then get them printed via ebay. Costs about a tenner for an A1 size picture.
Paint and pic frames with photos you take yourself.
themorgatron19/11/2019 19:25

Buy cheap frames from charity shops (paint them if they're tatty/dated), …Buy cheap frames from charity shops (paint them if they're tatty/dated), find decent high res images of your favourite art, then get them printed via ebay. Costs about a tenner for an A1 size picture.

What are the best places to get prints from? I don't need lots of A1 size. A4 and A3 would be fine.
mccririck19/11/2019 20:26

What are the best places to get prints from? I don't need lots of A1 size. …What are the best places to get prints from? I don't need lots of A1 size. A4 and A3 would be fine.

A decent printer is fine for A4, I just find a cheap one on eBay for bigger - I've never had a bad print. Google image search and filter size large normally works for me.

You could try a local printer, may well work out cheaper than postage costs.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants