Groups

What are your thoughts with "Red Nose Day"?

Was wondering what everybody thought about this because had recently done a deal to see if buying a Red Nose was a good deal but a few was against this. Cheers all thoughts help

Edited:

The deal is a MISC now hotukdeals.com/mis…575

8 Comments

I think it's outdated and just another plan from BBC way to fleece us again, this time under the guise of charity

Original Poster

I feel great when I donate just as long as it goes where I expect it to go.

Banned

Happy for my kids to take part in school fundraising for RND and give for a good cause....some of the sketches are funny it's a lot less hart tugging than children in need to watch.

i arranged a monthly donation about 10years ago to NSPCC ..i prefer to give a regular amount than give a £ here and there...i hate that they are asking for money weekly now at school for different charities-and the kids are under pressure to join in and pay. They say the school needs money for things so we then have fund raisers for the school too..where do we draw the line?
    Im not being a scrooge but in a typical month we are probably sending £20 in for various things..im not counting dinnes and snacks i mean charities-non unifom days etc..

charity begins at home - if people want to help then shouldn't they help their own first ? - ultimately everyone has a choice to do it or not and to pick whatever charity they want.

Red nose day, takes a lot of booze to get one of them

Should ignore it, then hopefully it will go away

plumberman01

i arranged a monthly donation about 10years ago to NSPCC ..i prefer to … i arranged a monthly donation about 10years ago to NSPCC ..i prefer to give a regular amount than give a £ here and there...i hate that they are asking for money weekly now at school for different charities-and the kids are under pressure to join in and pay. They say the school needs money for things so we then have fund raisers for the school too..where do we draw the line?Im not being a scrooge but in a typical month we are probably sending £20 in for various things..im not counting dinnes and snacks i mean charities-non unifom days etc..

Ours is the same, school costs a fortune, charity days, snacks, book club, trips,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions