What are your Top 5 games of the year? HUKD results now in!

Eurogamer are polling for people's top 5 games of the year at the moment.

What are your games of the year?

I went for:

1. Uncharted 2
2. Batman Arkham Asylum
3. Battlefield 1943
4. Little King's Story
5. Modern Warfare 2

EDIT: Check page 2 for the unofficial HUKD games of the year!

28 Comments

Original Poster

Eurogamer poll here:

]http//ww…vey

1. Fifa 10
2. Modern Warfare 2
3. Uncharted 2
4. FM 10
5. SUPER MARIO Wii

Personally from the games i've played this year its

1. Batman Arkham Asylum
2. Fight Night 4
3. Braid
4. Prototype
5. The Bigs 2

Original Poster

What format did you play Braid on? It gets great reviews. I'm waiting for it to come onto Euro PSN - just reading about it this morning.

dancrawley;7162651

What format did you play Braid on? It gets great reviews. I'm waiting for … What format did you play Braid on? It gets great reviews. I'm waiting for it to come onto Euro PSN - just reading about it this morning.

On the Xbox 360 mate.

Amazing game! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Toybhoy;7162695

On the Xbox 360 mate.Amazing game! :thumbsup:

I'll look forward to playing it then - cheers :thumbsup:

Banned

Played all the top games.

1. Uncharted 2
2. Batman Arkham Asylum
3. Battlefield 1943
4. Modern Warfare 2
5. Infamous

Banned

dancrawley;7162401

Eurogamer poll … Eurogamer poll here:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/reader-top-50-2009-survey

cannot view list without registering

1) Batman : Arkham Asylum
2) Fifa 10
3) Uncharted 2
4) Forza 3
5) Modern Warfare 2

1. Uncharted 2
2. Uncharted 2
3. Uncharted 2
4. Uncharted 2
5. Uncharted 2

I like Uncharted 2 BTW

Original Poster

DarkKnight;7162879

1. Uncharted 22. Uncharted 23. Uncharted 24. Uncharted 25. Uncharted 2I … 1. Uncharted 22. Uncharted 23. Uncharted 24. Uncharted 25. Uncharted 2I like Uncharted 2 BTW

You don't say!

Original Poster

csiman;7162785

cannot view list without registering

They haven't got the list up yet, just started to take votes - you do need to be registered to vote though.

Original Poster

Interesting to see that no-one has voted MW2 as top choice yet. I enjoyed the SP myself, although the story was pretty daft and 'hollywood' tbh, but the MP just gives me a headache! I prefer a MP game with little more teamwork and thought in it myself and I can't stand all the kids yabbering away............

dancrawley;7163078

Interesting to see that no-one has voted MW2 as top choice yet. I enjoyed … Interesting to see that no-one has voted MW2 as top choice yet. I enjoyed the SP myself, although the story was pretty daft and 'hollywood' tbh, but the MP just gives me a headache! I prefer a MP game with little more teamwork and thought in it myself and I can't stand all the kids yabbering away............

I'm suprised too, as usually everyone votes COD number 1 instantly but only because of the popularity factor and not the quality factor.

just checking peoples answers cos i've bought my boyfriend

batman arkham asylum and uncharted 2

will he be pleased then as i've noticed most people voting them at least in the top 3

phew

dtaylor21184;7163163

just checking peoples answers cos i've bought my boyfriendbatman arkham … just checking peoples answers cos i've bought my boyfriendbatman arkham asylum and uncharted 2will he be pleased then as i've noticed most people voting them at least in the top 3phew

Batman is amazing! Great GF :thumbsup:

in no real order and going by the ones I've spent most time on.,

mw2
FIFA 10
Tiger woods10
fear 2

and erm still playing gow 2(horde).

Batman arkham asylum must get a mention although i've barely scratched the surface.

MW2
Batman Arkham
CoD4 (Old yes but I did spend most of the year playing it)
I expect Dragon Age: Origins to be a hit with me when I finally play it at Christmas
My fifth game is a tricky one... A toss up between Bully, Fable 2 and Banjo Kazooie N&B

dtaylor21184;7163163

just checking peoples answers cos i've bought my boyfriendbatman arkham … just checking peoples answers cos i've bought my boyfriendbatman arkham asylum and uncharted 2will he be pleased then as i've noticed most people voting them at least in the top 3phew

He will be thrilled

Toybhoy;7163184

Batman is amazing! Great GF :thumbsup:

DarkKnight;7163270

He will be thrilled

thank you

oh good i am pleased i chose well i'd never heard of uncharted 2 until i came on here a few weeks back and people was trying to find it cheap saying it was good so bought it. took a gamble on that one :thumbsup:

1) Uncharted 2
2) Modern Warfare 2
3) Fifa 10
4) Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
5) Killzone 2

1) Uncharted 2 - easily my first choice. Had this been regarding 'best game ever', this game would also be my first choice.
2) Batman: Arkham Asylum - massive surprise, this. Wasn't really expecting it to be so awesome. Love it!
3) Assassin's Creed II - Amazing game, brilliant visuals, loads to do, just a load of fun.
4) Borderlands - As above, really. I just love the cartoon-like graphics.
5) Modern Warfare 2 - Great game, ain't as keen on MP as COD4, but Special Ops is awesome and SP mode was good fun.

Original Poster

Think I'm going to have to get Borderlands - haven't been able to justify it up until now, as I still have Fallout 3 GOTY to unwrap and play :oops:, but I like the sound of the Co-op drop in and out gameplay..............and the visual style is right up my street too...........kind of reminds me of Jet Set Radio....................

Banned

dancrawley;7163078

Interesting to see that no-one has voted MW2 as top choice yet. I enjoyed … Interesting to see that no-one has voted MW2 as top choice yet. I enjoyed the SP myself, although the story was pretty daft and 'hollywood' tbh, but the MP just gives me a headache! I prefer a MP game with little more teamwork and thought in it myself and I can't stand all the kids yabbering away............

Havent even finished SP yet and I've had in since the release date. About half way through and I just cant be bothered to finish it. Havent even put it on in 3 weeks!

Might have a look at MP / Special OPs sometime :oops:

Of the games I have played it would be:

1) Borderlands (never played a game for this long in my life before)
2) FIFA 10
3) Modern Warfare 2
4) Forza 3
5) Batman Arkham Asylum

Not played Uncharted 2 yet hence its exclsuion.

For me:

1) Batman Arkham Asylum
2) Beatles: Rock Band 3) Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
4) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
5) Gears of War 2 (ok, so it is a 2008 game, but only started playing this year!)

Still really wanted to play Uncharted 2 myself, since it looks absolutely amazing, but haven't played the first yet, going to get that before taking the plunge with part 2

1.Uncharted 2 - Simply Amazing Game Of The Year Easily
2.Fifa 10 - An improvment on fifa 09 which was quality
3.CodMw2 - Just real good fun, and addictive as hell
4.Batman Arkham - About time we got a decent Batman Game
5.Forza Motorsport 3 - If you like cars your gonna love this

Original Poster

Looking at everyone's choices, we now have a completely unofficial and largely unscientific HUKD Top Five GOTY chart :w00t::

Top Choice for 2009 is...................

[SIZE="3"]1) Uncharted 2[/SIZE]

2) Batman Arkham Asylum came in a close second,
3) MW2 sneaking in at three...........
4) FIFA 10 at four, and lastly..............
5) Borderlands, a cheeky entry at five, despite only being on two people's lists

Cheers for your opinions folks :thumbsup:

[SIZE="1"](I basically scored the games from 5-1 depending on where they came on the lists, then added up the scores - thirteen lists used - top five scores were 36-34-31-24-7)[/SIZE]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
    2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
    3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions