Groups

What battery charger do I need for a li-ion 3.7v 720.Ah

I've got some walkie talkies with a Li-ION 3.7v 720mAh batteries in, but don't have the charger. I don't understand what the numbers on the batteries mean and can't find anywhere that tells me what charger to use.
    Can anyone help? What's the max DC voltage and mA current that my charger should say so I don't melt them or something stupid?
    Thanks

6 Comments

Do you take the batteries out of the walkie talkies and plug them into a charger, or does a DC-power adapter plug into the walkie-talkies and charge the batteries?

Banned

tell us the make of the walkie talkies, that and the model number

we are coming at it from the wrong direction
    li-ion batteries need a complicated charger, you cant just use a slow charger for a random amount of time, thats what explodes them

any external charger would also have to fit the exact physical size and contacts, not just meet the voltage requirements, so need the make too

Original Poster

it's an oregon scientific slimline walkie talkie - it doesn't have a model number anywhere on it but looks like the tp391. I can find nothing that tells me what charger these walkie talkies use anywhere on the net (but I might not be doing the right search).
    The DC cable plugs into the walkie talkies (into the same connection as a hands free kit can be used).

Thanks for helping jubbyme and jah

Banned

cattarn;8713673

it's an oregon scientific slimline walkie talkie - it doesn't have a … it's an oregon scientific slimline walkie talkie - it doesn't have a model number anywhere on it but looks like the tp391. I can find nothing that tells me what charger these walkie talkies use anywhere on the net (but I might not be doing the right search).The DC cable plugs into the walkie talkies (into the same connection as a hands free kit can be used).Thanks for helping jubbyme and jah

then the charger control is probably in the handset, so makes it simpler

sell the walkies here
    mensgiftshop.com/aca…tml

might ask them for a charger

Okay. Manual doesn't have the necessary info so best bet is probably to use 'contact us' on the Oregon Scientific website to see if they can provide a spare or advise on where one can be bought. My guess is it will be a 5V, ~500mA (it takes 3 hours to charge the battery) DC PSU, which is quite easy to find, but there is a real risk of damaging if you get the polarity wrong or the figures above are way out - and its not a 'standard' DC power plug (although a lot of 'universal' DC adapters include an end that would probably fit - looks like its a 3.5mm socket (as used headphones) or possible a 2.5mm socket.

Original Poster

Thanks both of you - I'll try contacting the mensgiftshop and oregon and see if I have any luck. Have repped you both for your help.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3441247
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.2024
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1632
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1830

See more discussions