Found 5th Feb
Had a flat battery today and the breakdown guy told me the battery is nearing its end - I've looked in the owners manual and online but can't find the battery model number - as I want to order one delivered online. The car is a Kia Ceed SW auto 1.6 diesel 2010 - does anybody know where I can find it as it's getting on my nerves searching. The one in it just says MF54-26GL 12v RC:110min CCA:600A
Any help finding the model number would be very appreciated.

14 Comments

Go on euro car parts, put reg in and it will recommend what battery..

Euro car parts , Halfords etc - in fact any retailer . Not too complicated - enter your reg no and magically a battery and price will appear.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice - will try them

ianyar1470

Thanks for the advice - will try them

try ebay once you know what you need, just measure the dimensions of your current battery

have had a few off ebay and all work fine

Just think twice before buying Banner/Lion or other cheap brands if you are going to be keeping the car a couple of years.

Battery megastore, usually get a 4 year warranty and free next day delivery.

Battery megastore is local to me at Tewkesbury so give them a call before you order. I recently ordered a battery off ebay but I messaged them to confirm which battery I needed. Good job I did as a was looking at the wrong one. That came next day to from down London

Original Poster

Thanks all - put my reg in euro car parts and battery megastore but their recommended battery dimensions of height and width out by 1.5 and 4cm respectively so I'll ring up a local Kia dealer to see what they say.

the parts finder on ECP or halfords is rubbish. my car has start-stop battery as standard and neither pages show equivalent replacement

ianyar1470

Thanks all - put my reg in euro car parts and battery megastore but their … Thanks all - put my reg in euro car parts and battery megastore but their recommended battery dimensions of height and width out by 1.5 and 4cm respectively so I'll ring up a local Kia dealer to see what they say.

​try tanye batteries, used them regularly, always fast delivery.

Yeah. Dimensions need to be correct which is where I got confused as going by the online quiz gave me the wrong sized battery. I messaged the seller and they linked me to the correct battery.

Yes always check battery dimensions/ terminal type and orientation / battery type/ cca and amp hours rating (higher being better).

ianyar1470

Had a flat battery today and the breakdown guy told me the battery … Had a flat battery today and the breakdown guy told me the battery is nearing its end - I've looked in the owners manual and online but can't find the battery model number - as I want to order one delivered online. The car is a Kia Ceed SW auto 1.6 diesel 2010 - does anybody know where I can find it as it's getting on my nerves searching. The one in it just says MF54-26GL 12v RC:110min CCA:600AAny help finding the model number would be very appreciated.

A quick google search 'MF54-26GL', throws up ; this, which suggests a Yuasa YBX3068 would be compatible, again a quick google search shows this

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best sub £100 and sub £50 android phones?11
    2. Driving anxiety.2943
    3. Wireless External Harddrive Recommendations24
    4. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet33

See more discussions