What bills can you take a break from?

Posted 20th Mar
If I have to self isolate I know the company I work for say we will be getting paid sick from day 1 but it turns out it is the government sick pay ( £94 a week) Now I know you can request a holiday on paying your mortgage but are there any other bills that you can take a break from paying , council tax etc? Because let's be honest that £94 isn't going to go very far is it?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I have received emails from my utility supplirs which say "if you are struggling or think you might struggle, ring us and we are here to help"
Give em a call and have a chat, they are human and remember, they are in exactly the same boat as you
You won’t need a list !

You can’t get through to anyone , give it a go and you will give up after 2 hours on hold
ashmac20/03/2020 12:16

You won’t need a list ! You can’t get through to anyone , give it a go and …You won’t need a list ! You can’t get through to anyone , give it a go and you will give up after 2 hours on hold

Currently wondering the same, no companies have emailed any info on supportive measures for isolation cases.
ashmac20/03/2020 12:16

You won’t need a list ! You can’t get through to anyone , give it a go and …You won’t need a list ! You can’t get through to anyone , give it a go and you will give up after 2 hours on hold

Don’t pay the bill they will soon ring you...
Bargainhead20/03/2020 13:11

Yeah that is ablsoutly right. Cancel the DD, but it will affect your credit score sadly.
Gabooorrr20/03/2020 14:30

Yeah that is ablsoutly right. Cancel the DD, but it will affect your …Yeah that is ablsoutly right. Cancel the DD, but it will affect your credit score sadly.

That’s the only problem with it, but if you’re isolating and can’t afford to pay you might have no choice..
Bargainhead20/03/2020 13:11

Why would you recommend this? Affect your credit score, add fees, possible debt collections etc.

Unfortunately you may be on hold a long time - but appreciate a lot of people are in the same position and try a little patience.
If you are isolating and can't work (hence cant pay the bills) then surely being responsible and taking the time to get piece of mind is better than cancelling DD's and worrying about it for weeks (baring in mind the company won't know til AFTER your DD was due).
Or wait a few days til the initial surge is over and try calling then.
Ussasx3220/03/2020 14:44

Why would you recommend this? Affect your credit score, add fees, …Why would you recommend this? Affect your credit score, add fees, possible debt collections etc.Unfortunately you may be on hold a long time - but appreciate a lot of people are in the same position and try a little patience.If you are isolating and can't work (hence cant pay the bills) then surely being responsible and taking the time to get piece of mind is better than cancelling DD's and worrying about it for weeks (baring in mind the company won't know til AFTER your DD was due).Or wait a few days til the initial surge is over and try calling then.

Lol sarcasm, but it’s lost on some people. Plus the people what would do this probably are not bothered about the credit file...

also when you cancel a direct debit they get informed, so if the DD is a bit away from due date they will probably contact the person..

at the end of the day if people want to cancel it’s up to them I know my credit file is spot on..
Bargainhead20/03/2020 15:04

Lol sarcasm, but it’s lost on some people. Plus the people what would do t …Lol sarcasm, but it’s lost on some people. Plus the people what would do this probably are not bothered about the credit file...also when you cancel a direct debit they get informed, so if the DD is a bit away from due date they will probably contact the person..at the end of the day if people want to cancel it’s up to them I know my credit file is spot on..

That is right.
Recently I have canceled one of my DD and a few days later I received an email from my provider. So yes they get informed.
Bill Oddie, Bill Gates, Billy Idol, Bill Murray.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants