What brands of headphones are "cool" for 13 year old girls?

Found 15th Nov 2012
My 13 year old niece has asked for some headphones for Christmas (not he in ear ones but the big over ear ones). Does anyone know which brands are "cool" and also good quality? Oh yes, she also said "colourful! Not looking to spend more than £20 if possible.
Thanks
Community Updates
21 Comments
Skullcandy:

Play.com's selection as an example

Other places which sell them include (but not limited to) HMV, PC World and TK Maxx.
Edited by: "MisterNecro" 15th Nov 2012
Beats By Dr not the best not the cheapest but definitely cool for a 13 year old (Justin Bieber uses them).
http://www.supercutekawaii.com/wp-content/uploads/250-534031_LRG.jpg
http://static.moblur.org/iphone-jungle.com/wp-content/uploads/pedo-bear_4032204559_cb84612362.jpg
Thanks for all the suggestions... The skullcandy ones look ideal, great range of colours too.
I've heard the name Fanny Wang being bandied about.
Koss Porta Pro
Koss SP Pro
SENNHEISER PX 100-II
Panasonic RP-HTX7AE seems to get good reviews too
Fake Beats by Dre.
Dunno but i did see a 25(ish) year old gir... woman at the bus stop with "hello kitty" ones oO
Buy this through quidco, get £7.50 Cashback and a free pair of WesC Bass Headphones free.
I've linked Amazon to show an example but you may want to check the orange details and colours. It also gives you a phone to give someone else.
+1 for Skullcandy possibly Lowrider or Uprock ranges. Great choice of colour/style.

Amazon have a decent few for between £15-25 Amazon linky to actual page
maybe try to teach her that what is "cool" isnt necessarily good quality nor the best at doing the job

personally i would be looking for the best sound and build quality

what type of "headphones" does she prefer...... closed back?

this type of purchase needs to be tried before bought imo for comfort
Edited by: "casparwhite" 15th Nov 2012
Another vote for skull candy.. I love my in ear ones.
Im sticking to my jimmy saville overear headphones
shaun3man

Koss Porta ProKoss SP ProSENNHEISER PX 100-IIPanasonic RP-HTX7AE seems to … Koss Porta ProKoss SP ProSENNHEISER PX 100-IIPanasonic RP-HTX7AE seems to get good reviews too

Yeh because a 13 year old girl is really going to want to be seen wearing portapros
In fairness to her, casperwhite, she didn't specify "cool" - just over ear and colourful. I just didn't want to embaress her in front of her firends by having a "bad" brand when I could just as easily get a "cool" brand. As for sound quality...well, given the music she listens to I don't honestly think that its worth spending much!
It looks like skullcandy is the way to go....many thanks everyone.
agnes

In fairness to her, casperwhite, she didn't specify "cool" - just over … In fairness to her, casperwhite, she didn't specify "cool" - just over ear and colourful. I just didn't want to embaress her in front of her firends by having a "bad" brand when I could just as easily get a "cool" brand. As for sound quality...well, given the music she listens to I don't honestly think that its worth spending much!It looks like skullcandy is the way to go....many thanks everyone.

for the lulz

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548869_10151260376496907_786651326_n.jpg
Any one of these would do..... play.com/Ele…tml?searchtype=ELEC&searchsource=0&searchstring=Sony%20ZX300&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:47868&awc=1418_1353141008_84488587ae3ac02509b6771e416ad0c1

They have been cheaper though....
Bought Sony ones from Tesco the other day using the 'double value' tokens. Had a bit of an argument with them over using the tokens as it's unclear whether they come under the voucher exchange, but got there in the end.
Sennheiser are good for the money, dunno about the "coolness" of them though.
Things that are "in" tend to be brands that are substandard and propped up by advertisement / endorsements by celebrities.
anyone after in the ear buds shouldnt go past the sony mh1c's

total quality and as good as earphones x4 and up the price
Before Beats are suggested...

http://i.imgur.com/chmly.png

...they are ATH M50s.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions